Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The casualties of Meno  (Read 5452 times)

Sooby

The casualties of Meno
« on: August 02, 2017, 04:21:47 PM »

I know that we all experience this change in different ways and inevitability find our own way through it.

And I realise that when our symptoms are at the extreme end it can feel devastating but even when you think you've got it under some sort of control and are managing to tick along.........

Its the insidious way that it seems to pervade sooooo many aspects of your life that gets up my cuff with it. >:(

So I avoid confrontation cos my cortizone levels rocket,

I cant do sugar or carbohydrate cos my blood sugars give my palpitations and night terrors,

I cant do poncy eye moisturisers cos my skin is dry and flares up,

I cant do foreign food cos I get acid reflux,

I cant do anything involving pathos cos it makes me cry like a brides mother

and I cant do wine cos it gives me a migraine. > ::)

I'm all for embracing change ( yeah right  ::)) but for heavens sake there's barely anything left to change to :o

So what part of your life have you lost to the dreaded "M"  ???
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 04:40:28 PM by Sooby »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: The casualties of Meno
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 04:26:58 PM »

Oh good thread.

I 'lost' Life due to depression and anxiety in the 1990s  :'(.  I always had anxiety [from age 3], worse prior to an event but it over-took me for a while.  I was house-bound for weeks  :'(   Still controls me at times.  So by peri I was already on appropriate medication.  I think otherwise The Change may well have caused problems.  My last period was in the mid-2002s.  Can't remember how old I was  ::).

Sooby

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 04:28:39 PM »

Pathos is the soppy stuff that comedy dramas use to switch you from laughing to getting all choked up. I used think it was clever......now I just think "wheres me flippin hanky"

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 04:31:10 PM »

Ethos is an appeal to ethics, and it is a means of convincing someone of the character or credibility of the persuader. Pathos is an appeal to emotion, and is a way of convincing an audience of an argument by creating an emotional response. Logos is an appeal to logic, and is a way of persuading an audience by reason.

Butterfly22

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 04:33:27 PM »

Pretty much the same, I don't drink, can't eat certain foods, can't use any body lotion, bubble bath ect.
Don't plan much I case I have to cancel, not been abroad for five yrs as felt so ill last time,my skin in places is like a 60 year old, my hair is thinning, I have anxiety and depression so yes really embracing it!
Ps my mum sailed through it.
As I started so young (25) I had the choice of more children taken from me (I have one daughter luckily) and feel like a freak for starting so early.
My ex Made me feel like crap because I couldn't have children.

Sooby

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 04:33:40 PM »

Aw CLKD ( wishes she could give you a hug )

poor you feeling that you lost your life and heres me winging about the loss of a splash of prosecco and a dash of temple spa!

Can you get it back do you think?

Sooby

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 04:39:38 PM »

Lil thats very sad to start so young. At least you did manage to have a child.

I know a lady who had to part with her much loved pets as the responsibility of caring for them sometimes became too much.

So many people seem to think that it is little more than an excuse to be grumpy and turn the central heating down and perhaps for some that's all it is.........  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 04:43:08 PM »

Tnx.  As long as I don't plan too far ahead I can generally keep anxiety under control otherwise I resort to a pill.  But it puts my plans of visiting the Italian Lakes in the bin, however, we generally have plenty of days out and when I do spontaneous things, I am much better.  The more important an event or person is, the more anxious I become. Bugga.

I had to take my pets to rescue as I couldn't look after them due to anxiety making me ill.  Broke my heart  :'(.  But we do have a Life together and I have to remember that many people don't even have a roof over their heads, what must their anxiety be like  :o

Butterfly22

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 04:44:21 PM »

It really annoys me when people have a bad attitude towards the menopause like "get a grip"
I think it can really differ from one person to the next.
Some women sail through it, some struggle a little and some really hit rock bottom ect.
It's like periods I had endrometrosis from 13 and no one I knew had periods like me, I'd be in agony each month getting sent home from school but didn't find out it was that until I was 21.
Some women are fine with periods I was not, one min I'd cry as the most smallest thing but then I'd flip and could probs kill someone with my bare hands.
Xx

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 04:45:56 PM »

..... and have those symptoms continued into Meno.? Lil22 ?

Butterfly22

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 04:46:50 PM »

Tnx.  As long as I don't plan too far ahead I can generally keep anxiety under control otherwise I resort to a pill.  But it puts my plans of visiting the Italian Lakes in the bin, however, we generally have plenty of days out and when I do spontaneous things, I am much better.  The more important an event or person is, the more anxious I become. Bugga.

I had to take my pets to rescue as I couldn't look after them due to anxiety making me ill.  Broke my heart  :'(.  But we do have a Life together and I have to remember that many people don't even have a roof over their heads, what must their anxiety be like  :o

I no how that feels, I was due to go to Barcelona in Sep with my sis but had to cancel as was getting to anxious about the whole thing.
Ah sorry you had to get rid of your pets :( xx

Butterfly22

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 04:47:38 PM »

..... and have those symptoms continued into Meno.? Lil22 ?

Not as bad as back then as was quite extreme xx

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 04:51:51 PM »

Enough to be a nuisance then?  I have had various meno symptoms intermittently over the years ....... most went fortunately. 

Sooby

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2017, 05:00:11 PM »

Aw thats such a shame about the pets CLKD. I bet that was very tough.

I still have my menagerie but found the three weeks without a proper meal or a good night sleep that is the lambing season stopped being fun.  Not to mention the fact that after all that hard work you either sell them or eat them. I just dont have the energy or resilience for it these days but still keep a small flock for company and cuddles. ;D

Hatching this years chicks has been fun if a bit tying at times (like when I put them in the garden to play and it starts raining so they all run into the summer house and want to perch on my key board.  ::) But I'm not sure about breeding goats this year.... It's great when it all goes well but when it dosent it can be pretty wearing these days :-\

I think you are right in what you say Lil. I suffered with terrible periods all my life ( still do ) and other people who dont are not always able to see that we are not all like them.

Butterfly22

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2017, 05:03:09 PM »

Yes still a pain, sleep is another thing I could just do with going through the night once! It's been yrs since I've slept all night.
Ah little chicks bet they are so cute xxxx
Pages: [1] 2