Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Information please!!  (Read 1238 times)

powersurge

Information please!!
« on: August 04, 2017, 04:43:10 PM »

Hi this is my first post so new to all this. I am 52 and was period free for 18 mths. I thought I would do menopause the natural way (how naive was I!).  After severe insomnia which took me to brink of madness I started on Elleste duet 1 mg four days ago.  So far, nothing has changed.  So help please (1) How long does it take before these tablets kick in (2) How bad will the periods be at the end of 28 days? (3) is weight gain the norm? (Just started weightwatchers a few months ago and dread all my good work being undone).  Any help would be very much appreciated.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Information please!!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 10:20:55 PM »

Browse through the green treatment menus.  Make notes.  HRT can take 4-5 months B4 kicking in.  Menopause *is* natural, however symptoms can be over-whelming.  Some ladies find making a note of which symptom they would like sorted the most helpful.

Have you gained weight or altered shape?

Cazikins

Re: Information please!!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 11:13:09 PM »

:welcomemm: powersurge.

You wont notice too much in just 4 days. It takes time but try & be patient as there is no miracle "cure".
Hopefully you will notice some small subtle improvements in a few weeks, it maybe with better sleep, perhaps less anxiety or just a bit happier.
Hopefully others will be along soon to offer advice & support so keep checking in.

Cazikins x