Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Headaches ...  (Read 730 times)

Ramona

Headaches ...
« on: October 22, 2018, 08:31:10 PM »

Hello,
I have been having really bad trouble with progesterone tolerance. Tried 3 different types to no avail (anxiety off the scale) and have been referred to a menopause clinic. I tried Angeliq for 3mrhs but also very anxious (I have mental illness anyway so want to avoid making worse). Finished that on monday 15th Oct. Today (22nd) I have started Sandrena gel and Utrogestan pils. So I had 6 days between on no HRT. For last 3 days I have had a terrible headache and been off work and in bed. Does thos sound like a withdrawal problem due to that 6 day gap?

Thank you so much ... and generally for this forum from which I get so much advice
Ramona

SEU666

Re: Headaches ...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 01:19:17 PM »

Hi Ramona,
Have you tried a  Mirena for the progesterone element?

I had trouble with OC pills and so very wary about the a estrogen part of HRT, as I had Terrible constant migraines whilst on OC, but no headaches when using POP (Noriday/Levonorgestrel pill best for me).
I use Estrodot 50mg patch and have a  Mirena (same Levonorgestrel) and have had no problems with headaches.
I've  had two short episodes of being on antidepressants, one mid 20s and one mid 30s, and I've had anxiety on and off more since 40 when started Peri. It was worse with one of the POP (Desogestrel progestegen) about three years ago where I felt totally mental and off my head, that stopped when I stopped that POP, but the anxiety in general seems to have settled down at the moment. Was thinking it was more to do with my own hormones still jumping about like a jack rabbit, but been worried that it could turn into despeession again.

A lot of ladies seem to be quite sensitive to progesterone, maybe one of them can let you know about withdrawal symptoms.
Ladies seem to have better luck with Utrogestan used vaginally too, how do you take it??
I hope you get some more advice through Ramona, and good luck.
S x

Ramona

Re: Headaches ...
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 07:58:47 PM »

Thank you so much S. I am sorry to read you have been feeling so anxious and concerned it may evolve. I do think the hormones cause huge increases in anxiety. My mental health has been under control for many years with SSRIs but all the HRT I have tried has caused problems with anxiety and obsessive thoughts. I am glad yours is stable at the moment.

I haven't tried the Mirena as I have had so many issues with progesterone. I have been nervous about the coil as I can't just stop if it is bad, as I can with pills.

My headache is still bad and I feel sick but have onlt been on sandrena and utrogestan for 2 days so hoping things will settle down again.

Thanks S and all the best

Ramona