Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Can somebody tell me what's going on with me  (Read 2043 times)

KirstieRose

Can somebody tell me what's going on with me
« on: August 02, 2017, 04:35:17 PM »

Hi I've been looking through this forum for answers and I'm just not finding any.

I'm 46. Was having regular periods however my last two were longer then normal lasting between 8-10 days instead of 6. Last month (July) I totally missed it. But from the day I finished my last period in June I've had period pain of some degree virtually everyday since. It eased off Saturday just gone but is back today quite strong. In June I went a few weeks of every joint aching. Now all good. I sleep ok once I get off no hair loss or dryness no mood swings no hot flashes no nothing.  Though my teeth were aching yesterday for a few hours. So what's going on. Is this the start of peri? Has anyone else experienced period pain for so long? TIA. X

Taz2

Re: Can somebody tell me what's going on with me
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 04:41:28 PM »

I would say that, yes, this is the start of peri. Peri lasts around eight to ten years apparently.

The pain is probably due to your hormones changing. I think of it like a tap with the hormones (which govern periods etc) being turned on and off at the wrong time so your body thinks a period is due when it isn't? As with all new symptoms though it is not wise to just blame it on menopause but to get it checked out if it continues.

I remember getting the feeling like a period was just going to start even straight after one ended. You may find that periods get further apart or closer together. They can become lighter or heavier. Some of mine lasted for a couple of months and even though still bleeding I felt like a period was about to start!

Other menopause symptoms such as dryness and hot flushes can start as your oestrogen level begins to drop further. Some lucky women don't suffer from any hot flushes even well into menopause while others have them really badly.

I hope the pain goes soon.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 04:49:44 PM »

Oh join The Club  ::)

I was aware that my periods were becoming intermittent. For 3 years. After years of INTENSE period pains which stopped when I took The Pill, I gradually felt better, moods in general settled. 

Was glad to see the end of monthly bleeds!  I could miss months then would get several in a run ..... I didn't stop carrying protection until 5 years after the last bleed  ::)

As oestrogen levels drop off muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Also the body may become dry as mentioned: skin, nostrils, deep in the ears, throat, vagina [we have lots of threads about *that* one].  Browse round. Make notes. 

puddlesmum

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 06:55:24 PM »

In a word. Yes.

It's how mine started. Had normal periods, then 40 days without, then 2 in succession, then a few days, then a huge long one, then back to normal for a while.

My joints ache so much that for 2 weeks of a year I have to use my wheelchair, and the other 2 weeks, I have no pain at all for 1, and knee pain for the other that's so bad I have to use K tape to hold it together by the feel of it.

It's your new normal as the ladies say. I really hope that's all you get. xxx

KirstieRose

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 10:40:48 PM »

Thank you everyone I'm going to browse x

daisysareyellow

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 12:13:28 AM »

Sounds similar. I have periods that are months apart and then a few weeks apart. Used to be 28 days like clockwork and very light until about 2 years ago. Now I have pain on Day 1 and clots in the last day of my period. My last period which was 35 days ago lasted 7 days and I had flooding on a couple of those days.

Roseneath

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 07:43:42 PM »

My cycle went from 28 regular to between 24 and 30 . Got brown snot like gunk for the middle 4-5 days - had this checked out /Smear/scan/scope. Told it is typical of peri (atrophy? thinning of womb wall?). Not really had a proper answer on why it is brown! last period since on HRT horrid - heavy and few clots and flushing.
The weirdness in cycles and gunk has increased the more I'm into peri (18 months so far). Only noticed horrid mood / anxiety / insomnia changes in last 6 months. Had no hot flushes .