Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hi I am a new be  (Read 1025 times)

Julie21

Hi I am a new be
« on: July 28, 2017, 11:02:07 AM »

Hi, I have been going through "M" for around 7 years, usual night heats, can't sleep, mood has been fairly level which has been great, can't remember anything, loss of confidence etc.
Recently I have been experiencing not being able to cope well with a situation, I am fine and then I start to over think a situation, it goes around and around in my head until I confront the situation, which really helps but some times I get really angry and snappy with friends and family, totally irrational, I can't seem to find a coping mechanism to keep me calm, this happens very occasionally, does anyone have any ideas to help me please. (Alternative not medication) I have read many article s stating this is all part and parcel of the menopause, has anyone else had the same issue?

dazned

Re: Hi I am a new be
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 04:47:02 PM »

:welcomemm:

Sadly many of us here have experience of what you are experiencing. Have you looked into Mindful meditation ? There are lots of apps and YouTube things out there however I have never used them personally but others have I know,hopefully they will pop in later to give some recommendations. Also perhaps ask/look into a course of CBT loads swear by that.
Hope you feel better soon.

Sooby

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 08:05:14 AM »

Hi,

I wrote an article for the meno matters magazine about this time last year about using NLP to manage the symptoms you describe.

Blood sugar imbalance can also play a huge part in this and especially the snappiness and thinking cycle that you describe.

Try writing a diary about that happens, when, how long it lasts and also record how much sleep, water and exercise you have had as well as where you are ( or think you are ) hormonally as well as what you have eaten and when.

Lots of ladies experience these symptoms so you are not alone.

Roseneath

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 07:11:33 PM »

I have found an App called Headspace which has 10 minute Mindfullness training on a variety of things from stress/anxiety/sleep. Really good and free. Also an American one called Calm has nature sounds and anti anxiety meditations. Really different way of looking at the brain and training it not to rule you. Not trying to push it but it has been helpful ( but not on the days I feel really PMT bad - nothing helps then!)xx