Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: What is the reason for my low-mood?  (Read 1402 times)

jasmine5

What is the reason for my low-mood?
« on: August 04, 2017, 02:44:28 PM »

Ive been feeling really low and bad-tempered the last few days and I'm not sure why.  The only thing I can think of is that I was experimenting with half a Femseven Conti patch for three weeks prior to this, as a few weeks before that I had a very painful bleed and thought I might need to lower my oestrogen level. 

Unfortunately this didn't work out as I wasn't sleeping and the sweats came back with a vengeance so I decided to use the whole patch once more.  I've been wearing the whole patch for five days and have felt my mood dropping consistently since then.  I don't know what's happening to me can anyone help?

paisley

Re: What is the reason for my low-mood?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 03:56:22 PM »

After any HRT change your body needs time to settle down again. If we change something it is bound to affect us in some way & hormones are very powerful things.

Hurdity

Re: What is the reason for my low-mood?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 11:55:50 AM »

Yes I agree with paisley - you need to give it time. Also if you are still peri-menopausal then your own hormones may well be kicking in from time to time so difficult to say whether mood changes are due to the HRT or not. Again - as you are on conti HRT this means you are taking continuous progestogens which can cause continuous pmt types symptoms in some women - headache, irritability, low mood, tiredness etc. As paisley says now you have increased your patch you have to acclimatise again.

Incidentally not sure why you are having a period on conti HRT? This is designed for post-menopausal women who have not had a period for 12 months prior to starting HRT (unless you have a Mirena in which case you don't know what your natural periods would be doing). It is normal to experience some bleeding and spotting in the first 6 months of using conti HRT even if post-meno but these are not periods as such, and should settle after 6 months, otherwise a GP consultation is advisable. If you are peri-menopausal then a sequi type would be better (unless you have endometriosis maybe?).

Hurdity x