Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: advice to a HRT newbee  (Read 1992 times)

Kwebst

advice to a HRT newbee
« on: July 31, 2017, 11:52:32 AM »

Hi Guys
Am new to this but could do with some advice!
Aged 50, with a history of PMT for which I was eventually prescribed citalopram which did help. Menopause has kicked in so went to the doc with symptoms of
anxiety, feeling I couldn't cope, flushes, terrible sleep, tiredness, lack of libido,etc. I was started on Elleste  1mg which immediately helped when on the oestrogen days  but not so great on the progesterone only days but liveable. (everything apart from libido!) After 3 months was put onto Kliovance, as I hadn't had any bleeding. First 2  weeks have been horrible with horrendous PMT and tears.
Here's the question - do I give the Kliovance longer or just go back to Elleste?
wotch think?

Dancinggirl

Re: advice to a HRT newbee
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 10:20:13 PM »

Many women can't use progesterone all the time because of the negative side effects. I'd definitely go back to sequential HRT. DG x

Roseneath

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 05:18:55 PM »

I have been on Ellestre Duet for 10 weeks. (Anxiety/Insomnia/shortening period cycles). First 6 week was fine. Last 4 I have been hit at Day 16 (ovulation day?) and 26 (pre-period) with terrible anxiety/brain fog - much worse than I have every had before. Last period was very heavy with some clots and flooding and NEVER had that before ever...so am going back to the docs in 2 weeks. They have never tested my hormone levels so I am worried my oestragen may be too LOW or just normal and the anxiety is to do with other things / hormones .
All very confusing and the Drs just don't seem to have the answers or systems to deal with us.  I don't want to be on something which seems to have no effect or make it worse....only thing is I am sleeping better but also take proprananol every night. Best to you

Kwebst

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 08:46:18 PM »

Thanks for replies. Am heading back to the docs - I'm giving up on the kliovance. Brain fog and anxiety/stressed out has been horrific  this week. I'm not putting up with it for 3 months- I'd rather take nothing. Done more reading up and I'm going to go back to sequential but hopefully try patches - a medium oestrogen and then low progesterone for the end of the cycle. Time will tell! ;D

Roseneath

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 02:34:31 PM »

Me to. Just had call from Docs & he said if the side effetcs are bad don't wait another month; just stop. It looks like we are all so different in what suits and what doesn't - a bit like partners I guess; only they are not so switchable! So I have put my eggs in the basket that the last terrible week was due to the HRT type...things will get a lot worse or a lot better I guess!

Kwebst

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 09:39:17 PM »

Hiya
Just stopped taking the kliovance and felt better after just a couple of days. . Off to pick up Femseven patches tomorrow so will c how I get on with those. Onwards and upwards hopefully! ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 10:55:41 AM »

Hi Kwebst

:welcomemm:

I agree - side effects most likely due to continuous progestogen - norethisterone is the type in that HRT and some women just don't get on with taking it all the time (or even half the time!).

Good luck with the Femseven patches. You should be able to stop the citalopram if the pms was hormonal and you get onto the right HRT at the right dose. What have your periods been doing prior to starting the HRT - eg cycle length etc?

Let us know how you get on :)

Hurdity x