Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bleeding through hrt  (Read 1277 times)

Katia

Bleeding through hrt
« on: July 29, 2017, 03:46:36 PM »

I'm using estrogel and Utrogestan which I've been on for about 6 weeks.  This week I have felt a bit flu like, with jelly legs and spacey.  I've also been hot at night.  I have also started bleeding. Not spotting, but bleeding where I need a tampon. This is while I'm taking the Utrogestan. It's about two weeks into the cycle. Would the jelly legs and flu like symptoms be connected to the bleeding?  I'm not sure if I have periods as I changed from Femodene pill to HRT, but this seems like a period.

anais

Re: Bleeding through hrt
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 11:55:54 PM »

It depends on the cause of your bleeding and it may well be that the present balance of prescribed hormones isn't right for you. You need to return to your GP or consultant to have this investigated if it continues.

I had spotting and bleeding on Estrogel and continuous Uterogestan. I had an ultrasound to check my womb lining thickness and to rule out any other causes of bleeding. Everything looked normal so the next step was to have a Mirena coil fitted (and stop the Utrogestan). I had about 5 months of bleeding and spotting before it finally stopped, then another 1-2 months of occasional light spotting after which I had hardly any spotting. Very occasionally a tiny bit of spotting but I can go for 6-8 weeks without any spotting whatsoever. That's my story so far.

I've had the Mirena for 10 months now. It was difficult at first but worth persevering. The consultant suggested that if the bleeding/spotting was still a problem then I could take Utrogestan as well as having the Mirena, but that doesn't seem as if it will be necessary now.