Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1759 times)

Lucy

Hello
« on: July 26, 2017, 09:44:24 AM »

Hello.  I am new to this wonderful group.  I am so Glad I found it.  I am 48 today! And perimenopause has hit me like a rock. My worst symptom is raging anxiety.  And then most of the physical symptoms.  I have a Myrna coil a second one (on my 7th year) which has solved the life destroying heavy periods and have just started on Evorel 25 patches.  (A few days ).  I'd be interested in others experiences on this regime

I've suddenly realised I need to take MUCH more care of myself to support myself through this time.  Life is actually very good at the moment and I don't want to see it all through a fog of anxiety and sweat

A very practical Question.  What's the best way to get the sticky stuff from the patches off your skin? 

I am so glad you are all here.  Truly a lifeline. Xx

Cazikins

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 11:52:53 AM »

:welcomemm: Lucy, welcome to the rocky meno show  ;D ;D.
And also Happy Birthday  :ola:

I
A very practical Question.  What's the best way to get the sticky stuff from the patches off your skin? 

Johns**s Baby Oil - use cotton wool & it comes off a treat plus you will have super soft baby skin!

Love Cazi x

Lucy

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 12:31:47 PM »

Big thanks Cazikins.  I think joining this forum is the best birthday present ever.  And thanks for the baby oil tip.  Really useful  Makes up for the crappy weather.   >:(

Here's to all us ladies who are going through it.  Today I am really thinking about my late mother.  I know she had a really rough time with it and I have a teenager whose just started the hormone journey. Thankfully I am much better off than my mum because I have this forum.

Xx

Salad

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 05:46:13 PM »

:welcomemm: and

Happy :hbday: :cake:

Happytobe

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 06:48:52 PM »

Happy :hbday: :cake:
I'm new here too. Hope you've had a lovely day. Looking after yourself is very important even if it's sometimes hard to put yourself first. I do struggle with that but a course of CBT I had 18 months ago helped me to see if I don't look after me than I'm not as effective or present in the lives of my loved ones.
It seems an emotional roller coaster of a road we're on, but supportive friends help us get through.  :)

samweller161

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 10:10:57 AM »

Am a day late but happy birthday for yesterday !!  and welcome  ;D

SP x

Lanzalover

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 05:31:20 PM »

Hi Lucy

Wellcome to the forum. Hope you had a lovely birthday yesterday 💐 🍾🍷 🎂

Lanzalover x

Lucy

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 07:01:29 PM »

Thanks all for the birthday wishes. I was very spoilt by my family but not the weather. just having the time of my life with anxiety.- I have started a separate thread on this, if anyone has any tips/help to offer let me know.

thanks lovely ladies. boy is it a rollercoaster!

Roseneath

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 04:20:30 PM »

Hi. I am a newbie on here too and your cheerie post( although in a cloud of anxiety) made me smile (first time today!). I am 48 in a couple of months and have had a rubbish year with peri-menopause....from the physical side of longer periods, brown gunk midway and having to get all that checked out having insomnia for the first time....awful...and feeling like my brain is rusting up. I am sick of going to the doctors....have tried 5 out of a practise of 10 to try and find one remotely sympathetic!  I did find reducing caffeine..especially after midday, intorducing camomile tea useful. Also just getting outside...though feel like sitting on the coach and talking to no one....Was also recommended the free Headspace App which has 10 minute meditate exercises on...husband fitted me outwith Ipod and headphones. Also one called Calm has nature sounds and anti anxiety meditations (free too)....but my motivation is rubbish. Am currenty on HRT (Combined) and take 4mg proprananol for the anxiety....but thinking of coming off the HRT. Have no one locally I can talk too so this forum a lifesaver.  I think we have to FIGHT this thing...just get out there and take it on headlong or else you can get over run with it. Had a glass of wine last night for first time in ages and actually relaxed a bit!

Lucy

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 08:53:56 AM »

Hi Roseneath.  I KNOW! I think one way of looking at it is that it's as big as puberty all over again but without peer support or any excitement. Plus being in a really busy time of life.  Certainly my anxiety has been really rough over the last six months.  It's a shame you have crap doctors.  Mines not great but OK.  Have you read " making friends with the menopause " by Sarah Rayner. It's calming and informative. She's also done one on Anxiety which is helpful and there are FB chat rooms connected to the books as well.
I will check out the Apps you mention.  I am on holiday in Corfu now and had some dreadful panic attacks but settling in now.  I found the Mirena coil fantastic for dealing with heavy periods long periods. After my second child they were debilitating.  Now trialing Oestrogen patches as well. I don't look at it as a fight.  It's a big deal and we need to support ourselves through it.xx