Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: When I go post meno will I need even more estradiol pls?  (Read 2285 times)

Dandelion

When I go post meno will I need even more estradiol pls?
« on: July 27, 2017, 12:42:16 AM »

I worked my way up the doses and my flushes wouldnt stop until I got onto 100mcg estradiol patches.
I'm still perimenopausal though, and twice, now I have tried to cut down to 75mcg estradiol patches and the flushes and night sweats come back with avengeance.
My question is, when I go post meno, is it most likely that I will need even more estradiol than the 100mcgs or will i need less?
I think I might struggle to get more than 100mcg, but my last reduction was terrible, it took me a good 5 weeks for the flushes to stop after I went back upto 100mcg estradiol.
thanks

Salad

Re: When I go post meno will I need even more estradiol pls?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 08:35:24 AM »

Interested to see the replies you get Dandelion as I've wondered the same thing.

I'm assuming I'm now post menopausal (hysterectomy) and I've gone from starting on two pumps of Oestrogel four years ago to Estradot 100 plus a pump of Oestrogel, when my symptoms break through now. I have had absorption issues over this time but still wonder if it'll keep going up  :-\

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 08:57:53 AM »

Interested to see the replies you get Dandelion as I've wondered the same thing.

I'm assuming I'm now post menopausal (hysterectomy) and I've gone from starting on two pumps of Oestrogel four years ago to Estradot 100 plus a pump of Oestrogel, when my symptoms break through now. I have had absorption issues over this time but still wonder if it'll keep going up  :-\
That sounds like a really high dose of estrogen, what was the reason for the increase?
Patches only go up to 100mcg

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 09:15:40 AM »

My ovaries messed about after my hysterectomy when I was 32.  They told me I was in menopause and put me on max dose oral oestrogen, it completely took every symptom away until I hit 45 and they said ovaries were finally packing up, I've tried all sorts of hrt to combat the many symptoms, high dose oestrogen doesn't suit me anymore , I'm about 2-3 years post meno and 2.5 pumps oestrogel is sorting things, just need my low mood and anxiety to do one then I'll cope with whatever's left

Salad

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 09:26:10 AM »

[quote author=Dandelion link=topic=36772.msg588959#msg588959 date=1501145873
That sounds like a really high dose of estrogen, what was the reason for the increase?
[/quote]

I've been told I don't absorb the gel/patch as expected- my GP is guided by my symptoms and monitors my blood levels with regular testing. It's a juggling act  ::)

Dandelion

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 10:29:00 PM »

My ovaries messed about after my hysterectomy when I was 32.  They told me I was in menopause and put me on max dose oral oestrogen, it completely took every symptom away until I hit 45 and they said ovaries were finally packing up, I've tried all sorts of hrt to combat the many symptoms, high dose oestrogen doesn't suit me anymore , I'm about 2-3 years post meno and 2.5 pumps oestrogel is sorting things, just need my low mood and anxiety to do one then I'll cope with whatever's left
Sorry to hear you have low mood and anxiety. That must be awful. Im really scared in case my syptoms get even worse when i go post, cos im already on max dose of evorel.

Dandelion

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 10:29:44 PM »

[quote author=Dandelion link=topic=36772.msg588959#msg588959 date=1501145873

I've been told I don't absorb the gel/patch as expected- my GP is guided by my symptoms and monitors my blood levels with regular testing. It's a juggling act  ::)
[/quote]
That sounds like a hassle, sorry to hear you are having such trouble.

Annie0710

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 10:34:27 PM »

Sorry to hear you have low mood and anxiety. That must be awful. Im really scared in case my syptoms get even worse when i go post, cos im already on max dose of evorel.

2.5 pumps oestrogel and Tostran are really helping and now I'm 10 days into amitriptyline for my back so I am seeing better times I think (or I might be just optimistic I don't know) but I do feel more positive which is a good thing x

Butterfly22

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 07:33:19 AM »

I've been postmenapausal from about 30 but never mentioned I may need more but then again maybe that's why I'm finding it hard to get a HRT I'm good with.

Annie sorry to hear about your low mode I hope the amitriptilyn do help xxx

Annie0710

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 07:39:01 AM »

I've been postmenapausal from about 30 but never mentioned I may need more but then again maybe that's why I'm finding it hard to get a HRT I'm good with.

Annie sorry to hear about your low mode I hope the amitriptilyn do help xxx

Aw thank you.  I'm early days on amitriptyline so I can only assume maybe the gels are helping.  Definitely seeing less low moods (can't actually describe it as depression as it comes on in little bursts for couple of hours then I snap out of it but seems to be improving) x

Butterfly22

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 07:53:11 AM »

I hope so Annie as no how hard it's been for you, my mum has taken them for years with no problems for headaches so fingers crossed they will be helping your mood to. Xx