Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Tibolone / Livial for VA & Bladder Issues.  (Read 3616 times)

nicolcarrie70

Tibolone / Livial for VA & Bladder Issues.
« on: July 24, 2017, 08:17:28 AM »

Hi Ladies,

I know this has been talked about before but I'm wandering if anyone has a new update or opinion on Tibolone / Livial and it's effect on VA or Bladder Issues?

Katia

Re: Tibolone / Livial for VA & Bladder Issues.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 10:24:02 AM »

I have never taken it, but read a study on it last week on BMJ.  I was saying it is superior for bladder, VA and osteoporis than taking estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. 

I believe it isn't available in the States

Kikie

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 10:29:49 AM »

Does it also affect libido and can it be taken by itself? Ie without other hormones?

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 12:09:40 PM »

Sooze has posted some great updates, search her name in the search box

Katia

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 02:39:06 PM »

Annie, I just searched her name and only your post comes up.

You don't need other hormones.  I belive it's the precursor the E, P and T and that it makes you produce them. I don't know too much about it though.

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 03:44:14 PM »

Oh, maybe search Tibolone and look for Sooze' posts, she's recently updated this last week

Usually Tibolone/lividly os taken on its own along with VA products if needed

Tibolone didn't increase my libido but definitely gave me good response (I'd say about 85-90% orgasm guaranteed)

Katia

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 03:31:35 PM »

Annie did you have any side effects on it?  My hair is coming out with the Utro and I'm wondering if it would be worse with Tibilone.  It's hard to know what option to take.  Any weight gain?   

renee

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 09:51:30 PM »

I started Tibolone 10 weeks ago, first few weeks were fine but then I started bleeding and that only stopped 4 days ago. I usually suffer from quiet bad anxiety anyway but I do feel it's made my anxiety worse which then has upset my sleep.

I saw my doc yesterday and she said it can take 3-6 months to settle and to at least give it another month. I do sometimes feel I'm in an anxious sleep too if I nap during the day.

Positive effects have been help with Vaginal Dryness, increased libido, helped my joint pain and I do have a bit more energy.

I also have fibroids and had pelvic pain which is a bit better too, so aim going to keep going just now.

Hope this helps xx

PompeyLou

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 10:35:39 PM »

I'm on Livial and have been for nearly 2 years now... the first few months my sex drive was so high I thought there was nothing to this menopause lark... now I have no energy no sex drive spend most of my time on the loo as my bladder never seems empty and I have the most painful legs throughout the night that I can't keep still I've also been put back on antidepressants for anxiety... the only plus side is I'm 47 and no longer have periods... I've been married for 3 years but I had my ovaries out 2 years ago and now feel my life is over 😔😢

renee

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 10:53:27 PM »

Aww it's never ending PompeyLou...do you think your leg pain is RLS?(restless leg syndrome). Iv also had this on and off through the years, sometimes it was the anxiety meds and other times it was low iron.

I go pee more when I'm anxious, so that might explain why you are?

I'm sorry to hear you feel your life is over, seems like you maybe need to have a chat with your doc to review your HRT or anxiety med.

You take care xx

PompeyLou

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 11:03:30 PM »

Thank you for your kind reply... I've given up going to the doctors as they don't help or they just don't have a clue what they are talking about... the reason I had my ovaries out was because I had PMDD and didn't want to be on antidepressants for the rest of my life!... but now not only am I back on antidepressants but also on HRT.. so now worse off than when I first started.. the only thing that is ok is my moods so I'm reluctant to change anything 😭😭😭

renee

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 01:18:39 PM »

Must admit my Doc tries her best to help me but is stumped at times as what to advice....menopause, anxiety, depression is so awful, it's like the chicken and egg scenario...what came first!!

I didn't want to ever be on meds etc but I take thyroxine, fluoxetine and Tibolone. I'm scared to cut back on the fluoxetine as I don't want to rock the boat again. I have a life, kids, grandchildren that I want to share good times with and not be shattered, anxious, low mood, agitated etc.

What do we do? We do our best....that's all we can do, and we have to stop beating ourselves up about what should be or could be. I give myself a cuddle sometimes xxx

Annie0710

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2017, 09:44:37 AM »

You know what.... we're only here once, no dress rehearsal, take whatever gives you the most comfortable and happy life..  I've been put on amitriptyline for back pain but am quite looking forward to it maybe helping my low mood and anxiety too

renee

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2017, 10:53:07 PM »

Your so right Annie...Im sure it will help your anxiety and low mood in time. Just give it a few weeks. Take care xx