Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Premarin is this still available?  (Read 3933 times)

Butterfly22

Premarin is this still available?
« on: July 27, 2017, 08:43:26 AM »

Morning ladies,
I'm looking into options I just want to check this has not been discountined before I
Try it again.
I was on premique and I no when that was discountined a few were worried this may be to.
Any advice would be great thank you x

Butterfly22

Re: Premarin is this still available?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 07:28:54 PM »

Hi thank you for your reply, I have tried all the patches with no luck, it's been very difficult finding hrt I took four years and a lot of hrt until I finally settled if premique for two yrs.

But then discontinued so trying to get the similar one which I'm the estrogen is this xx

shoppingqueen

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 10:08:01 AM »

Hi Lil22

I was in touch with you a while back. Premarin is still available I am a month in along with provera to try and make up the Premique. Like you, it suited me and have tried Kliofem but struggled with the prog. To  be honest, it's not feeling great fro me. I'm about to post about it. It's stopped any sweats and my sleep is brilliant (a big problem for me) and feel very calm. However, I'm suffering from lightheadedness, dizziness and spaced out feeling. Everyone is different and it's a case of trial and error. I didn't get this at all on Premique, in fact it sorted my meno dizziness out v quickly so am wondering if it's not the same preparation OR maybe I have a virus??

Let me know how you get on. Angry at them for removing Premique, eh? I does anyone know why??? Like you I was a bit concerned starting Premarin that they would remove this. I have heard they are phasing out the conj estros??

SQxx

Butterfly22

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 10:45:30 AM »

Hi I thought I'd not seen you in a while, nice to see you but sorry your not still settled.
I don't seem to get on with the provera so going to try Premarin with utrogestan, have you tried that combo yet?
Maybe you do have a bug, I feel a bit like that at the mo, but not really started new routine yet so can't blame that.
I keep burning up feel a bit vulnerable and tired. Femeston left me feeling awful.
I've five months premique in the cupboard so last few days taking this as need stability.
Have you have any thoughts on the new one Duavive ? I did actually go to get that but would not come up for doctor to order yet but did at boots.
So have you heard if Premarin will be stopped eventually was going to ask at boots see if they have any advice xxx

shoppingqueen

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 11:12:04 AM »

Hi Lil22

Great to hear from you too! You did well to stockpile the Premique ;D

I have heard of the Duavive and thought this might be worth a look at some point. Bit of a chicken so I'd probably want to see more reviews before trying.

I haven't heard anything official re Premarin it's something I discussed with my GP. She said it was still v popular, especially in the US, but she was interested to see Prempak and Premique were discontinued and that low dose Premique has intermittent supply problems. I wonder if the animal rights groups might be having sway here and everything seems to be going 'bioidentical' these days. However yams vs horses- they are both natural and neither are humans so it's all confusing to me. The scientists know best, I guess!!

I'm sorry to hear you had problems with Femoston. Did you have the conti 1/5, 1/10 or the sequi 2/10? How long did you try it for. Hope you don't mind me checking, are you post or peri? How is the Premique going?

Ps I haven't tried the Utro with Premarin as only done a month and used Provera for the first 14 days but no bleed since coming off it. I did try Utro briefly with the patches but it completely zonked me out. Fine for sleep but not in day was totally spaced out. I only did 3 days as I couldn't manage it However, this was when I was on patches and I had a bad time on these. Kept falling off, itchy, burning skin and felt like I was having estrogen overload. So....who the hell knows what was causing what  ;D I wouldn't rule it out in the future with maybe just estradiol tablet. Honestly, I have been thinking about dropping the HRT but remember how bloody lethal I felt before. It was affecting my work and I could not go back to that.

SQxx
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 11:20:18 AM by shoppingqueen »

Butterfly22

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 11:37:52 AM »

I think had I known it was being discontinued I'd of broke into boots and took the lots 😂

The doctor said she would not normally give a patient something so new but as I'd had so many problems with others she is willing, I no what you mean though I'll basically be a Guinea pig.

I don't no the whole science part either no matter how may times I'm told.
It was the lower femeston, I felt awful could not get out of bed felt really low ect, premique is ok on been a couple of days though, I'm post menopause even though I'm 43 I went through it early.
Pity the ustrogen was not good unless it was the patches, it's crazy isn't it as don't no what the hell is causing what.
Luckily I've kept note over the years so no what symptoms I've got from what HRT.
I'm sick as a chip, as I no you will be to but I'm here if you need a chat, I did pm you to xxxx

shoppingqueen

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 06:19:27 PM »

PM'd you Lil22 xx