Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Qlaira  (Read 4651 times)

Peri-wrecked

Qlaira
« on: July 28, 2017, 11:54:49 AM »

Hi All, I'm a member here with a number of months (did my introduction a few months ago), anyway quick recap-was crippled with anxiety( mild anxiety since may 2014)and panic attacks (June 2015) with severe anxiety June 2016. Had every tests under the sun and nothing showed. Tried 3 anxiety meds/depression meds and nothing helped. All made it worse. I was so bad anxiety wise that I couldn't even try birth control. Anyway my anxiety lessened a good but recently after I read the linden method and I decided to try to implement it. It's not the cure but I was able to get back into work etc. I finally took the plunge a few days ago and started qlaira as my joint pain and hot flashes were so bad and low mood. I'm on day 6 and I haven't noticed much difference-anxiety try's to come back but I try to block it. Just wondering how people have done on qlaira. My boobs are tender and I've been nauseous and sore throat going on today too. I've had terrible sore throats with flu like symptoms for the past year which I felt were hormonal too. Doctors haven't been great at alll as I'm deemed too young at 35 but I've had every complaint going and it all started or worsened once I stopped birth control 2 years ago so I feel that it is hormonal anxiety and depression that I am dealing with. I really hope these tablets work as I'm not sure my gp will give me HRT as nothing has been confirmed. :(
Anybody got any advice etc. thank you so much ladies!! Xxxxx

Katia

Re: Qlaira
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 04:21:18 AM »

I'm sorry you're going through all that. I rpjust read yesterday that the progestin in Qlaira helps with anxiety. It's available as HRT in Climodien in Europe but not the UK. I took Qlaira for a month, but went back to Femodene. I was fine with Qlaira until the higher progestegen part and then my night sweats got worse. I loved the first week so would definitely try cllimodien if it came available.  I hope it works for you.

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 08:24:23 AM »

Hello, thabk you very much for replying. I woke this morning feeling on fire with sweats but I havent gotten to the higher progesterone tablets yet. I start those tonight. I'm not quite sure what to do if these dont  work. I know another lady said it took 4 months for her to feel a difference. Thats a long time. Ive been through hell and back with this.
I feel my age of 35 just makes them ignore me. What symptoms have you had so far?  Do you find the femodene helps? I  used to be on yasminelle before this started but the last year on it I had a lot of crazy symptoms that I stopped taking iy. It must have been my own body changing. I also have a perscription for microlite and yasmin at home but I feel that yasmin is not the way to go. Its a shame that therr isnt more help for this stage of life. I certainly feel I have all the symptoms but no confirmation of it all.  :'(
I hope the femodene continues to help you. This is such a difficult time. Thank you again for replying.

Katia

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 03:36:42 PM »

I had burning sweats too with Qlaira p, but not in the e only tablets. I know now it was just the change of estrogen from the stronger more synthetic types. Femodene is very much like Yasmin so may not be the way to go for you. I went to see a consultant as I was bleeding with Qlaira, but by the time I'd got the appointment I had changed back to Femodene and all was ok. The consultant gave me a prescription for estrogel and Utrogestan. It's been ups and downs since using the HRT with more ups than downs. I was back about a week ago and he wants me to stop everything for a week and do bloods and see where we are at. He doesn't think I'm menopausal, which seems a bit funny as I'm 50. Maybe you shou,d stop everything and do hormone testing to see where your natural levels are. I'm dreading stopping though as I just don't know what to expect. It's so hard not to just go back to Femodene, but, like you, I'm not sure that's the right way to go