Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Greetings from a Newbie!  (Read 1367 times)

Crabbybaggage

Greetings from a Newbie!
« on: July 24, 2017, 04:04:26 PM »

Hello ladies! I came across this site a few days ago after doing some Googling and I liked it so much I thought I'd join. I'll probably be more of a lurker than participator but though it'd be rude not to introduce myself, so here I am *waves*.
I'm 49 and haven't had a period since 2005 when I had a Mirena coil fitted, followed in 2010 by a hysterectomy due to growing a giant fibroid. I still have my ovaries but have often wondered how I'll know when this menopause malarkey happens...
About a year ago I had a few what I thought were hot flushes, but they didn't happen often and weren't at all intense so I ended up putting it down to the weather. However a couple of months ago they came back with a vengeance and started happening during the night too along with a quite sudden inability to get to sleep in the first place. Now I really, really value my 8 hours of zzz's (7 at a push) as without them I just don't function. I'm a crabby baggage at the best of times but lack of sleep does exacerbate the crabbiness somewhat and it was a particularly dreadful night that prompted the Googling that led me here.
I'm fairly certain that I'm definitely pre/peri/nearly (whatever it's called) menopausal and I've an awful feeling things are going to get worse - oh joy. I figured this may be a good place to have a moan if needed as you all seem like a lovely, understanding bunch  :)

dahliagirl

Re: Greetings from a Newbie!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 04:11:27 PM »

:welcomemm:

Hi - nice to see you - have a look around - there are lots of threads about sleep :)

cubagirl

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 04:19:56 PM »

Love the name!

dazned

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 05:37:44 PM »

Hi and

Crabbybaggage

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 06:30:11 PM »

Thank you for the welcome ladies! Sooo many useful threads to read - I've found the one about coping with lack of sleep and it's given me some ideas to try  :)

Salad

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 10:40:19 PM »