Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Back again  (Read 1337 times)

marshytiger

Back again
« on: July 24, 2017, 08:50:09 AM »

Hi I am back again I keep counting the months down the hey presto I have another period and the counting starts again. I am 55 this year and I have been going through this now for at least the last 5 years, can someone tell me does it get better cos it seems a never ending black hole at the moment. I get very bad anxiety and mood swings my poor family are so good but it must be driving them mad as it is me. I won't go on HRT I know some of you swear by it but it's just what I believe in that stops me using it. Sorry for the rant but thanks for listening I feel much better when I'm on this forum. 😊

dahliagirl

Re: Back again
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 12:37:34 PM »

Hi - there are a few people on the Mucus and Staining thread who are following the long route to post menopause.  ;D  Might be worth popping in.

I am an hrt user.  I don't think it is a magic bullet - you need to do the exercise, healthy eating, vit D etc the same as everyone else to keep things in check.  It does seem to make it more manageable though.

dazned

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 05:51:46 PM »

How long is a piece of string :-\

Hrt isn't for everyone and it's your choice that counts. This forum is about listening and supporting ladies through this journey anyway they choose and anyway we can  :)

paisley

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 10:34:17 PM »

Sorry you are still going through this. I am 6 years post hyster & never found a HRT which suited me & so I am no HRT. I am sure this has to end soon & we will be out the other side. The problem is because we are all so different no one can exactly say when it will be for individual women. Xx

marshytiger

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 02:52:45 AM »

Thank you for your kind replies, I will pop over to the thread and take a look. I am following a strict diet and yes I believe it is helping but occasionally I crave chocolate.
I do as much exercise to as I can I am waiting for an operation on a torn meniscus, but I do keep the walking up (painful) but necessary.
Thank you xx
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 03:13:35 AM by marshytiger »