Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Loneliness  (Read 7662 times)

Peroxideblader

Re: Loneliness
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2017, 05:08:50 PM »

Thanks for your reply...I'm still not sure if your hrt helped you to sleep though as that's main reason I want to try hrt. Although I have the other horrid peri symptoms it's the lack of sleep that's ruining my quality of life. I have posted on here when I first joined and although a small percentage of ladies it helped their sleep it was mainly for those who got to sleep ok.but woke up early or had flashes that kept waking them. I'm not like that I can't physically get to sleep until around 4am and after 4 years of this hrt is my only last option. If it doesn't help with sleep I won't stay on it as the other symptoms are livable just

DaisyB

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2017, 10:52:29 PM »

PB that's dreadful have you been referred to sleep clinic at all? Mum was telling me tonight she watched programme today and they reported good results from passionflower tea - although if I can compare to the severe anxiety I had tried almost anything anyone could recommend and although some things helped nothing came close to what the HRT did in last few weeks! I hope you get an answer to this as sleep is so important for many health reasons. Keep in touch. Another thing I tried and just remembered about was lemonbalm herb. My SIL had real horrible sleep deprivation following hysterectomy in her early 40's - she tried lemon balm also but in the end I gave up as it gave me nightmares. She gave up also and succumbed to sleeping pills - you know it's whatever works for you. Sometimes it's one thing sometimes it's a combination of both prescribed and alternative. Hoping you find answers soon!

Peroxideblader

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2017, 03:22:09 PM »

I have asked for referral to a sleep even private but sadly and stupidly their sleep clinics run a tight time line of 930pm til 6am to monitor you and I don't get to sleep til 4am so 2 hours is pointless monitoring me especially if I go private and have to pay a huge amount of money. The waiting list for nhs one is up to 3 years and I haven't got insomnia I've got DSPD delayed sleep phase disorder which has no cure. I'be been on zopiclone like your SIL but I'm only prescribed enough for 14 nights sleep every 90 days which is pathetic.  So I tend to take a dose every 6th night it doesn't knock me out but I get to sleep by 1am at least.  They're addictive so they say but I'd rather be addicted and get sleeo than have this quality of life the lack of sleep has already caused so many issues health wise I can't work I'm fit for nothing and it's only going to get worse. Well on my next period I'm starting femoston 1/10 against my doctor advice as he wants me to have some final scans and bloods done by end of August first but I've got to try. Sadly I can't see hrt helping at all as my sleep deprivation is not cyclical it's constant which makes me feel it's not hormonal.  Thanks again though for your help and advice

DaisyB

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2017, 10:07:02 PM »

PB that's dreadful - i really feel for you - my SIL had exactly same thing going on and then they stopped and refused to give her any. So she went back to GP went berserk. Threatened to put in official complaint as they were not giving her what she needed and not treating her with any replacement. She's on them full time now. I hope things improve somehow as that is just torture. I had dreadful sleep pattern when first diagnosed with ME so I can relate a little to what your experiencing. I would have killed someone if they so much as whispered anywhere near my room once I was sleeping, it was so precious to me to finally get rest. Keeping fingers crossed something works for you soon xx

Taz2

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2017, 10:54:23 PM »

Sorry to hear that you are suffering like this PB. I am usually asleep within an hour of putting out the light but sometimes it takes longer and I know how annoying it is. Have you tried the bright light therapy?

Taz x

Peroxideblader

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2017, 11:09:09 PM »

I'm out in the daylight from around 10am til 3 or later in summer as I walk dogs as a volunteer so I didn't think the light theory would help as I'm in it alot.
Daisyb good on your sister but my doctors wouldn't prescribe them full time even though they see me on my knees. I'm tempted to get them off the Internet but you never know what you're buying. Can I ask how long your SILhas been on zopiclone and what dose. Thank you

DaisyB

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2017, 06:52:47 AM »

PB. -I'll text her today and get details for you.
DaisyB x

DaisyB

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2017, 07:21:31 AM »

PB - my SIL replied.

Morning! Im still on them 3.75mg every night. Doc had started cutting the zoplicone down gradually and by the time it had got down to 14 for a month I was going mental. I'd asked her why they were taking people off them and one reason she gave was...they can shorten your life! I said I'd had breast cancer twice and now heart failure which could shorten your life and she said I had a point and prescribed a full month.

SIL says GP told her the amount of zoplicone was so small she should be able to do without it - but on it permanently is the only thing that gives her a half decent sleep.
[/size]Hope this is helpful for you.

[/size]DaisyB  Xx

Taz2

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2017, 10:54:54 AM »

I'm out in the daylight from around 10am til 3 or later in summer as I walk dogs as a volunteer so I didn't think the light theory would help as I'm in it alot.
Daisyb good on your sister but my doctors wouldn't prescribe them full time even though they see me on my knees. I'm tempted to get them off the Internet but you never know what you're buying. Can I ask how long your SILhas been on zopiclone and what dose. Thank you

Although you are outside the light isn't the same as from Light Therapy PB. It works in a different way. It is one of the first treatments for the disorder you have and I'm surprised you haven't been offered it? https://www.sleepassociation.org/patients-general-public/delayed-sleep-phase-syndrome/  The important thing also is to reduce exposure to evening light - not sure how much you know about it so don't want to go on about what you already have knowledge of!

Taz x

Peroxideblader

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2017, 10:57:21 AM »

Thanks so much for that and I totally agree . My quality of life is awful I'm already on an AD have been for 30 odd years always will be I've had cancer scares I'm being tested for ovarian cancer lymph cancer and I'm pre diabetic high cholesterol and all of these have come in the last few years I'm sure it's due to lack of sleep.  I've had two breakdowns the last one 3 years ago when I'd stopped my AD after being told it was causing the insomnia and I had to stop work and almost lost my life. I put on a smile to chatty happy face to the world and pretend life is good so nobody thinks I'm falling apart.  I've lost my so called friends when I got ill as they don't believe in mental illness think it's attention seeking. I will try hrt this time but as I don't believe it's hormones that's affecting my sleepisode I don't hold out much hope.  If it falls to help I'm going to demand my doctor gives me zopiclone and maybe show my true self and not put on an act then he might realise how desperate I am for sleep. It's not just the actual sleep it's the depression anxiety that comes with the long lonely nights from 11pm til 4am when I'm sat in the back room alone crying and feeling so fed up plus I can't do anything early anymore as in order to get 5 hours sleep I get up at 9am. Sorry to rant on can't you tell I have no friends to talk to ..you get a pity me message which I don't mean to do just wish people would understand what 4 years of sleep deprivation can do to someone x

Peroxideblader

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2017, 11:01:17 AM »

Hi taz2 I have read up on it but it mainly referred to light therapy working in people who didn't see much natural daylight and it's used alongside melatinin in the evening which I've tried and made no difference at all.
My gp doesn't recognise my illness it's just you'll sleep when you're tired comment they're useless.
I will maybe look at liget therapy but it's results are not very good it's mainly helped people who are house bound or office workers and in conjunction with melatonin.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2017, 11:12:38 AM »

Peroxid - it's a different form of light!  Don't believe what you read!!!! the only way to sort this is to try for yourself.

"sleep when you are tired" yeh right!  >goes away muttering<

Peroxideblader

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2017, 01:01:04 PM »

Clkd..believe me there isn't one thing I haven't tried as and when I find out about it so it's on my list. I have read again today though and it says to try the light box or get daylight soon after waking which I do. Plus the only issue I have and many other people will is that it says to sit by it for one to two hours after waking well that's a no no. I already get up at 9 to get 4 or 5 hours sleep then my dog needs to go out and off to our building site I can't afford 1 hour to lay in front of it never mind two. And if I get up at 7 am I'd be dead in my feet ...and yeh the doctors have seen by face when they make their  asinine comments...violence runs through my mind @@ haha

Pollyanna

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2017, 01:58:23 PM »

For those of you who are brave enough to have opened up about your loneliness, I'm sending you a huge hug.    Goodness knows, we live in a society that is lacking compassion towards others.   It's a real bug bear of mine. 

Even on this site, I can already pick out the types who are the 'pull yourself together' ones.  It's sad that even women seem to be lacking tenderness and warmth towards others.  People don't need to be lectured to.   They only need to be able to express themselves and their emotional vulnerability - and for that to be 'okay'.   

As a therapist I notice this more and more in people.    But I would wholeheartedly say that the those who are able to be open and express their vulnerablities are much stronger, than those who judge and tell others to 'be positive'.   

It's never good to deny feelings but I sense that people who are afraid to open up to others,  are afraid that they are going to be judged, rather than supported with unconditional positive regard as being human.   

It therefore doesn't surprise me that there are more and more cases of depression in this country.   Unless people feel they can talk about their feelings in a safe space, then they suffer unnecessarily. 

x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2017, 04:22:58 PM »

Lack of VitD can cause tiredness as can being dehydrated.  Hungry.  Worried. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4