Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Does where you put Estrogel affect the absorption?  (Read 7029 times)

Noheroicsplease

Does where you put Estrogel affect the absorption?
« on: July 28, 2017, 11:40:21 AM »

Twice a day I spread estrogel on my forearms. Today I suddenly wondered if that was affecting absorption, if it was a 'bad place'?

I ask because I'm still bleeding on mirena, 7 months in, even after increasing estrogel to 2 x day.

Thanks x

Annie0710

Re: Does where you put Estrogel affect the absorption?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 11:43:09 AM »

I do my thighs, with the back of my hand and I don't wash off.  It's totally eliminated my night sweats and severe aches

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 03:21:18 PM »

I use three pumps a day, two at night and one in morning, I tend to use my shoulders.
Are you spreading it over a large area? I try to keep the area smaller and it takes about 10 minutes to dry, when I spread it out over a greater area I find some symptoms come back, also had that problem when it is very hot as it dries too quick and I don't think it absorbs properly.

Dollydream

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 04:22:48 PM »

Hi
I use two pumps one on each arm.  I had bleeding/spotting on mirena up to 7 months. I'm in my 8th month and it seems to have stopped (fingers crossed).  Has the bleeding got any less for you over time?
DollyD x 

Maryjane

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 05:24:33 PM »

One pump at night , inner thigh don't wash hands.

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 06:14:39 PM »

Hi all

Thanks so much. That's good to know.  I tend to do it over a small space - the forearms. I don't have any sweats or other symptoms. I feel really quite good. It's just the bleeding that's annoying me. I don't feel I can stay on coil for four years with constant spotting/bleeding.

Dolly - the bleeding stopped for a month completely, longest since I've had it in, and then started up again about 2 weeks ago. Since then some days are virtually nothing, but yesterday for example was a proper tampax day.

It's so frustrating because I feel good! But it's good to hear you're in your 8 month and it's still slowing. Has it been constant?

x

Dollydream

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 07:05:16 PM »

Noheroicsplease, it's seems to have stopped now but I've had it on and off for up to 7 months.  I had a hysteroscopy and a biopsy a month ago to check things out and bled and spotted after that but nothing since then.  The Gynae and my GP put it down to the HRT as I don't have any bleeding when I'm not on it.  I know how frustrating it is though because apart from that annoying spotting the mirena/oestrogel regime seems to really suit me.  Hopefully it will stop for you soon too. Dolly x

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 08:39:08 PM »

Yes, I hadn't bled for a year before the coil...

Fingers crossed, Dollie, for both of us! It works for me too

x

DaisyB

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 11:05:06 PM »

I use it on thighs - alternating each leg - 1 morning 1 at night - and wash hands. Am I doing it wrong guys? I also thought it had to be below waist level?? I've noticed I'm carrying more fat around thighs - could be because I've literally done nothing last 4 months. Could it also have anything to do with estrogel going on thighs I wonder??

Katia

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 04:08:45 AM »

I use it on arms. Two pumps in the morning one in the evening. I'm not sure it's doing much. Maybe I'm spreading it over too wide an area. Does the Mirena help vag dryness at all?

Maryjane

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 04:32:33 AM »

My understanding re mirena is without oestrogen it will make vag dryness worse ?

Katia

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2017, 04:34:33 AM »

Thanks MJ. Looking for something to help this.

Yammy1

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 07:02:40 AM »

I'm On divigel and was told to only use it On thighs alternating legs  each day and to cover an area about the size of two of your handstand to always wash hands afterwards

paisley

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 08:34:31 AM »

My understanding of oestrogel when I used it was it absorbed much quicker on less fatty parts of the body

puddlesmum

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2017, 07:32:51 PM »

I can't put it on myself as I can't feel it due to neuropathy, so my hubby puts it on me with a rubber glove, over my shoulder and over my back. Did try my thighs when I tried myself and ended up in a right mess so asked him to do it instead.