Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hemorrhoid question  (Read 1613 times)

daisysareyellow

Hemorrhoid question
« on: July 23, 2017, 09:21:30 PM »

Hi ladies, so 3 days ago, I discover one external hemmorrhoid. I have had minor issues with hemorrhoids twice before in my life. Once after giving birth and another randon time. Is this part of the whole perimenopause thing? I know everyone from all ages and stages get them, but there is no reason for me to have one. I am slim and my IBS is under control. I am using proctosedyl at the moment which usually gets rid of them, but am wondering if other ladies developed them as part of peri or menopause?  :(

Silly

Re: Hemorrhoid question
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 06:33:57 AM »

Hi

I had them in peri menopause, I didn't know what they were at the time until I sheepishly told my husband, they were as big as grapes or bigger outside and couldn't sit down I put the cream on and used the pill you put up I never went to gp though then I got some more four years ago but treated them and they don't seem to have come back.  Do you drink enough clear fluids.  I also found too much fibre made it play up. Has the cream helped?  X

daisysareyellow

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 07:49:22 AM »

I'm using proctosedyl suppositories and cream. I have one external hemorrhoid and it's been there for 3 days. I think it's helping.

Cecelia

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 08:18:36 AM »

I've had them frequently over the years, even had them banded a couple of times but they always reappear. The consultant said over half the population have them at some point. The Dr tends to prescribe fibojel to harden the stools but I find that makes them worse. Since my gallbladder removal my stools are very runny and frequent the loo 2 or 3 times in a morning which won't help as the wiping aggravates them.