Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New member  (Read 1571 times)

Jocharle

• First Flush
« on: July 24, 2017, 12:08:26 PM »

Hi I'm new to the site.
Have been on hrt for four years after symptoms popped up big time after having fibroids and
Cysts plus endometriosis removed. Have tried so many different types of hrt all work for a while and then I slip and start to feel awful again! I have always been a strong person but the side effects of hrt have at times caused me anxiety and made me stick close to home. I have suffered from terrible vertigo shaking internally and crashing fatigue, not fun! I have now started to have periods again and bled for a month then nothing for a month. Have the fibroids back again and ovaries apparently still working so have decided to give hrt a break and see how I feel. It has been so reassuring to read your various posts and symptoms as it can be very isolating especially as I have no friends who are experiencing the same hideous and at time
debilitating symptoms.

cubagirl

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 12:22:34 PM »

:welcomemm:

Cazikins

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 12:23:21 PM »

:welcomemm: Jocharle,

I have tried many times to come off HRT completely in the last 3 years, but whatever I do I still eventually get the hot flushes come back. I am on an ultra low dose continuous type & tried to go down from 1 every other day to one every 3rd day & within 2 weeks I was experience hot flushes. I am now back to 1 every other day.

Have you tried tablets, patches, gels & creams & if you have did they all give you nasty side effects?

I wish you well with your break from HRT, & remember that everyone is different so I do hope my experience has not put you off.

Cazikins x

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 03:37:16 PM »

Hello Jocharle and welcome to the forum.

I think the ladies on MM have experience of every menopause symptom going so you will always find the support you need here!

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.

Salad

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 10:41:07 PM »

:welcomemm:

Captain

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 10:39:32 AM »

Hi Jocharle. It is hideous and it is debilitating and it is lonely. And makes you doubt your sanity, and your cognitive functions. No advice to offer, but hope this virtual hug helps (no idea how to find a hug emoji, you'll just have to take my word that I am making a hugging gesture in the direction of my screen!)

Salad

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 11:06:53 PM »

No advice to offer, but hope this virtual hug helps (no idea how to find a hug emoji, you'll just have to take my word that I am making a hugging gesture in the direction of my screen!)

This made me laugh- I was exactly the same and found the extra emoji by accident when replying to a thread.
When you reply you'll see a blue 'more' in brackets under the first smiley face at the top of the reply box. If you touch/click it then a new screen opens full of wonderful emojis  :yes:

Jocharle

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 09:41:22 AM »

Thank you for all your replies. Certainly helps when you discover that other women experience all theses weird and unpleasant symptoms 😤 The shaking inside is the worst symptom I've had and has kept me awake at night as seems to be worse when I go to bed does anyone else suffer or had this ? It's very disconcerting as have always had very good health until these past four years.

warwick01

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 03:12:14 PM »

Hi

Worse for me has been vertigo. Had it so bad would not travel far from home. Always have a weird head feeling, also suffer motion intolerance esp with some HRT including oestrogel.

Wx