Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Changing to cyclical.  (Read 1192 times)

Chl123

Changing to cyclical.
« on: July 24, 2017, 11:15:17 AM »

I'm so glad I found this really useful and informative forum. I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I do have an appointment booked with a private meno clinic as my gp practice is not very helpful but have to wait for a month or so to see someone. I am 68 and have been on elleste duet conti for about 11 years and, up until the last few years, had no problems. I have since experienced some bleeding and a couple of times a year, quite heavy. I understand from reading posts that the culprit could be progesterone if it is no longer suitable for me or I have developed a problem with it. I don't have any other symptoms but get fed up with the often unpredictable lengths and unexpected bleeds. Strangely, I can have a perfectly normal day and suddenly a bleed in the evening which can be short and gone in an hour or so. I know hormones are complex so is this sudden short bleed due to some hormonal imbalance? Also can you suddenly develop a reaction to progesterone when all was fine before? I am hoping that someone out there has had a similar experience. I am thinking of switching to cyclical from conti after my appointment.

dahliagirl

Re: Changing to cyclical.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 12:40:33 PM »

:welcomemm:

Hi - this is out of my area of experience, but hope someone comes along soon who knows  ;)

Chl123

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 04:55:28 PM »

Thank you dahliagirl.

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 10:26:04 AM »

Bump  :bounce:

Chl123

Re: Changing to cyclical-update.
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 12:36:46 PM »

I am adding to the post I started in the hope that someone else might have experienced what I am finding now. To recap I am 68 and have been on elleste duet conti for about 11 years now. I had no problems for the first 6 or 7 years but am now getting unpredictable bleeds, occasionally heavy but I can't always predict them. I find myself dashing off to the loo to relieve pressure during these times and then it all goes away. I can't predict when it will be back as quite light bleeds just appear and then disappear. I have an appointment booked but couldn't get in any earlier than late August for a consultation at a good meno clinic. My question is, I have various things to attend in the next few weeks and want to know if any of you out there have any advice for me on how I could manage this situation for the time being.  I know from reading the great posts on this forum that progesterone could be the cause? Should I perhaps take one tablet every other day rather than every day or would this cause even more problems?
I would be really grateful for any help or advice  :)