Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Anxiety: say if you have it, despite taking HRT or anti-anxiety medications.  (Read 31041 times)

Menomale

Hello Krista!

You had your last period 3 years ago and your docs didn't tell you your anxiety could be menopause related? "Normal" hormone levels are tricky, it's the fluctuation that counts and no single measurment is going to show it.
You're right about the adrenaline rush messing up with the whole digestive system, it's called our second brain (some think it's the first  ;D)
I hope your docs will find this information useful and hopefully you can control the anxiety (among other menopause joys) with hormone replacement therapy. In October I'll be officially menopausal (fingers crossed) and then I'll decide if HRT is suitable for me.

XXX

aspie65

I have just worked out I have adrenal surges, worse in the week around my period.  I take an SSRI and HRT and still suffer.  Recently given pregablin, a drug of general anxiety disorder, and it is working wonderfully even at a very low dose.  Much better than muddling through on diazepam which I had done previously. 

Menomale

Hello aspie65,

That's encouraging news! I've never taken any medications for anxiety/depression, but eventually this could be necessary. I will check pregablin. Do you have any nasty side effects?

P.S. Do you have Asperger's? I'm an aspie66  ;)

Krista

Hi Menomale,

I know!! Made the connection myself, and even if my anxiety isn't hormone related, it's really no excuse is it? They should have at least considered it. My anxiety is due to one of three things as these three things started three years ago. Getting my gel next Monday hopefully. Well, I'm not leaving the surgery without it put it that way. I might take my handcuffs!!

Menomale

;D Fingers crossed and let's hope you won't need the handcuffs  ;D

aspie65

Menomale - yes I am a fellow aspie which makes this all so much more complicated doesn't it!?  As for pregabalin I've had absolutely no side effects AND its significantly reduced my hot flushes AND has helped with my aches and pains loads.  Big fan of this drug.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]