Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: HRT - Kliofem - bleeding...  (Read 4170 times)

jess

HRT - Kliofem - bleeding...
« on: July 20, 2017, 07:06:22 PM »

I was on Kliovance but in February changed to Kliofem as I wanted something stronger as symptoms came back. I have read that with Kliofem you can have some bleeding up to 6 months after going on it but didn't think it would apply to me as I was already on HRT. I have had some slight bleeding (smearing really) on and off since about April/May. GP thought it was due to the change of HRT but sent me to a gynocologist just in case. They are going to perform Hysteroscopy. Of course I'm worried about uterine cancer...oh and they did an ultrasound also and discovered a cyst on each overy one of which looks complex so they are going to do an mri also and they gave me a ca125 blood test also so I'm worried about ovarian cancer also! Anyone had any experience bleeding on Kliofem?

jess

Re: HRT - Kliofem - bleeding...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 07:08:16 PM »

Oh I'm 5 yrs post meno also

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 10:18:29 PM »

Hi Jess - sorry to hear about all of this. As you have increased your oestrogen dose then there will be a further settling in period of time as you said, during which further spotting or bleeding can occur. It's good that you have been referred to a gynaecologist to be checked out even though the most likely explanation is due to the HRT. It is abnormal post-menopausal bleeding when not taking HRT that is more of a worry because this means the womb lining is coming away spontaneously and could suggest thickening. You have been taking continuous combined HRT which is designed to keep the lining thin and if you weren't experiencing bleeding on the 1 mg then it shouldn't have thickened excessively?

Another explanation for ongoing bleeding or spotting is actually the opposite - an atrophic endometrium caused by excess progestogens. The hysteroscopy will determine the cause in your case.

I can't comment on the cysts - sorry - but hopefully someone will be along who can help. Try not to worry but I know this is easier said than done. If you don't get responses then maybe start another thread specifically about the cysts as I know there are members on here who have/had them and might comment.

Take care and let us know how you get on.

Hurdity x

jess

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 08:07:32 AM »

Hi thanks for that. Yes one thing they did say was that my lining was thin, which is a good thing? The patient advice for Kliofem says possible bleeds for up to 6 months - which would be about August. You have been v helpful and are clearly knowledgeable!

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 08:47:55 AM »

You're welcome - I only know a little bit but try to pass on anything that might be of help.

Hurdity x