Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hello from a Balding Newbie  (Read 6785 times)

onion relish

Re: Hello from a Balding Newbie
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2017, 02:28:36 PM »

That's food for thought Trey. My bloods were ok for thyroid so the fatigue, hair loss etc all attributed to meno because of the elevated FSH. I might go back to GP and get them done again. Unlike all you lucky NHS people, it costs 50 euro a go for a GP visit here in Ireland. Adding financial woes to everything else. :(

The hair treatments sound lovely but I'm shying away from too much washing because thats when the volume of hair in the hairbrush reaches the 'to hard to look' levels.

I'm also trying vitamins called head high with pro amino. Has anyone had any experience of them? The local health food shop recommended them.

And to onion relish...the sombrero a la Mexican badito look is a great idea! It'll make a nice change from my current 1900s peasant look complete with headscarf  :)

I mentioned the treatments as your hair will always look better and fuller when fresh and clean. I know the Philip Kingsley Clinic tells women to wash hair daily in case they have... sorry, meno brain here - some kind of fungal dermatitis that can cause hair loss. I believe that's why a lot of people use Nizoral shampoo and leave it on the scalp for several minutes.

If you're losing hair daily, maybe you could bite the bullet and see if washing more often will help IYSWIM. As far as I remember when researching my own hairloss, washing will only cause more loss if you have a problem with the ingredients in the shampoo. I've tried SLS free and don't see a difference, but for the sake of healthy looking hair, I now use L'Oreal's Low to wash it. It leaves my hair feeling and looking its best, even though loss is still evident for me.

And, wow. 50 euros a pop. Worth it if you have a good consult, though. The time, fuel and stress I used for my last GP appointment was a complete waste of all - as have quite a few of my appointments in the last 5 years. I'd gladly pay to have a good consult and end result. More importantly, to be treated like an intelligent woman! I really hope you get that at your appointments.
Pages: 1 2 [3]