Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Heloooo  (Read 1527 times)

Chocolatemilkshake

Heloooo
« on: July 30, 2017, 06:56:28 AM »

Hi there. I thought it was about time that I introduced myself. Firstly may I say what a fabulous forum and website. I've been feeling not myself for a couple of years and in my naivety I put it down to stress..... all the strange things that were happening to my body and mind..... I suffer from stress, anxiety, depression, PTSD amongst other things......
Anyway it would appear that I now have to add menopause to my list   :-\ 
I have read lots of great posts,  but was wondering if anyone could tell me their opinions on menopace vitamins....... and could anyone recommend a vaginal moisturiser....I've  got no idea where to start.
Thanks in advance to you lovely ladies.xx

Sooby

Re: Heloooo
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 07:47:03 AM »

Hello early riser!

and welcome.  :)

I use meno serene which is a similar supplement  by Healthspan and I find it beneficial but then I dont use HRT. Hop on to the alternative therapies section I'm sure ladies on there use it.

Chocolatemilkshake

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 08:23:30 AM »

Thank you I will have a look at that , ,I have been reading around the threads and  there is so much info I keep getting muddled  ;D

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 10:04:57 AM »

Hi

Re:vaginal moisturisers

YES
Sylk

Would you consider an oestrogen pessary/cream for vaginal dryness? If so there's: vagifem, estring, ovestin etc

For me moisturisers alone wouldn't be enough for vaginsl atrophy

X

Chocolatemilkshake

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 10:15:42 AM »

Sooby early riser lol nope insomnia  ;D
Annie : will look out for those thanks.x

Sooby

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 10:35:40 AM »

Well if you cant sleep Choc, at least you can pass the time by reading the forum posts.  ;)

There is lots of info and advice available though sometimes it can be hard to work out what is best for you. It seems to be trial and error in most cases as we are all individuals but you are bound to find someone who has a similar experience and can share their wisdom. 

Roseneath

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 02:39:10 PM »

Be careful of vitamins aside from maybe multi-vit  - I took Meno supplements and they messed with me liver - all the GPs told me to stay clear as no clear benefit unless you know you are deficient in something and potential side effects. Camomile tea is good for relaxation & stay off caffeine post lunchtime maybe.  I was so desperate to be taking something that may work that I was on the B6/Magniesium/Calcium/Valarium. A glass of vino is good for me short time but I sleep much better if I stay off and aren't as short fused unfortunately.