Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Ruptured ovarian cyst  (Read 3011 times)

Peroxideblader

Ruptured ovarian cyst
« on: July 10, 2017, 11:15:14 AM »

Hello I was posting on here 4 weeks ago regarding severe tummy pain and bloating as I've had cysts before..I got a cancellation appt last Friday and the internal confirmed a large ruptured irregular cyst..my doctor is ringing today but I shouldn't need to see him til the suggested rescan in 6 weeks I wouldn't have thought. My question is I've started my period the day after it was due this Wednesday so I'm wondering if it's a regular period or bleeding from the cyst...my bloating and pain is still so bad and now severe cramping..has anyone had a burst cyst that can tell me if this is normal thanks ( last period was 10 weeks late)

Hurdity

Re: Ruptured ovarian cyst
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 08:17:09 PM »

Sorry I have no experience of ovarian cysts burst or not. If your periods have been regular though, then surely it's your period? You should have had normal warning signs? However I think you will need to consult a doctor on this one if you are concerned and if the pain is that bad, bleeding aside - you should not wait 6 weeks for a rescan :o - unless you think it's normal period pain?   . I hope you decided to take some action if necessary today.

Do let us know and hope the pain eases soon?

Hurdity x

edit - sorry have just read your last period was very late so in that case I would defo consult a doc unless you are sure it was a period - just to be sure

Peroxideblader

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 06:00:52 PM »

Thanks hurdity..before I had a 10 week late period by periods have been irregular for about a year usually a week early or a week late ...just strange that this period I've had such horrendous stomach pains bloating and weeing much more when I don't usually get any signs or pmt and I've never flooded like this it's been 4 days and nothing is subsiding..sadly they said I have to wait 6 weeks for a scan that's that no budging..useless gp!!! Plus they're doing the blood test for ovarian cancer just in case with me having all the symptoms..and the 'rushed' appt is in 2 and half weeks then 10 days for results..good job I don't think it's OC or I'd have died of worry waiting..

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 10:11:09 PM »

or contacted Ovacome  ;)

Maybe that's the waiting list for a scan in your area  :-\ ..........

Peroxideblader

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 02:36:04 PM »

No its the standard time they wait to rescan as 6 weeks they say shows if it's gone grown or what and the blood test sho8ld have been quicker but apparently since our doctors merged they now only have ONE nurse yeh  like that makes sense good God!!!
Has anyone had a ruptured cyst to tell me if what I'm still feeling is normal as although the bloating isn't quite as severe I'm still bloated nausea and awful psin both stabbing and achy in my tummy thighs and back..it's been 12 days since the rupture surely it should be gone by now the pain etc..I've still got over 4 weeks til I get another scan

Optimist

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 04:32:20 AM »

hi perioxideblader if you haven't already please ask for some antibiotics. It sounds like you may have an infection from the burst cyst.
The symptoms you are displaying sound like they could be pelvic inflammatory infection. I have had this.
I'm hoping they would have given you some anyway once finding the burst cyst.
Hope you feel better soon. X

Peroxideblader

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 04:13:54 PM »

Thanks optimist ..they discussed nothing at all I had to find out online about everything..I had read you could get an infection but I'd hoped I wouldn't as most antibiotics don't work for me only the extreme ones that make me very ill and give me thrush..isn't being a woman bloody rubbish

Optimist

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 10:10:32 PM »

Thats shocking they didn't discuss this with you! My PID turned into peritonitis and I was in hospital for 12 days! I can't take metronidazole which seems to be the gynae choice but plenty of other abx out there. I would really suggest you get some. I had pelvic pain which my gp thought was appendicitis!!  All that from a colposcopy! My consultant told me that the risk of me leaving my cysts was that one could burst. Please go to your gp, I'd hate to think of you going through what I did xx

Peroxideblader

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 11:39:31 AM »

The doctor over the phone said oh yeh burst cyst nothing to worry about its normal for woman I asked about follow up or the pain I'm having she said nothing to suggest it's a normal female thing !!! I pushed for a rescan which she didn't understand why I would ...they truly are useless...I'm seeing nurse on Tuesday for a ca125 blood test I pushed for months ago with having all the symptoms of ovarian cancer just to eliminate it on recommendation of my nurse friend I'll ask the nurse then about the pain and symptoms still being there see if she can help I won't hold my breath x