Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Children  (Read 10554 times)

Yorkshire Girl

Children
« on: July 19, 2017, 06:24:44 PM »

This will make you feel better if you suffer like me from forgetfulness! My son (15) had an orthodontist appointment at 3.45pm, as I had hardly any sleep last night & awake at silly o'clock, I left to go swimming at 6.50am, reminding him before I left that I was picking him up & not to go home on bus. He finishes school at 3.15pm. Well I park up no more than a 5min walk from school, by 3.25 still no sign, phone him no answer (he ignored call) & sent me text saying whoops, I got bus. I then turn back and drive the 5 mins back home while calling orthodontist explaining we were going to be late & I would be there 10 mins late, it's a 20 min drive. I knew it was going to happen one day!!

Mbrown001

Re: Children
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 06:50:13 PM »

Oh been there done that  ;D

It usually happens if they really don't want to do something. Fortunately mine are all grown up now.

Yours will be too Yorkshire Girl.......and then you will miss the chaos that they bring.....trust me you will as life gets far too quiet.  ::)

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 06:57:22 PM »

Mbrown I've always hated the thought for him growing up, went through a stage where I got upset as he didn't want to go on family days out! Getting used to it now though!
Today made me laugh in the end as it's so unlike him as he's always telling me off for forgetting things.

Mbrown001

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 07:02:27 PM »

Oh heavens Yorkshire Girl.

Neither of mine wanted to be seen out with us at all. When we gave my daughter a lift to school we had to drop her round the corner and when our car developed a squeaky brake then she wouldn't get in the car at all.
If you are not embarrassing your kids you are not doing a good job.

Mine are now 28 and 22 and are great...my son now takes my hand as we cross the road and my daughter links arms as we walk along.

The teen years are ....umm challenging but they pass so quickly.

My youngest is looking for a flat share and I will really miss her.

Even though they drive you mad....enjoy as it goes past far too quickly  ::)

dulciana

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 07:30:26 PM »

When we moved back up north in 2000, our daughter was 12 and going into first year at a new school.  We drove her there on the first day, said goodbye, good luck etc. and off she went to join the sea of other pupils all filing in............except while everyone else walked towards the school gates, she started walking in the direction of the road opposite!   I think she was just so uptight about the whole thing that she hadn't noticed who was going where, but we still pull her leg about it, eighteen years on!    ;D    Hmm.....she's getting married at some point soon......father-of-the-bride speech........ ::)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:33:14 PM by dulciana »

Mbrown001

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 07:51:03 PM »

Oh a wedding Dulciana.....forget the speech. Mother of the bride outfit  ;D

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 08:02:47 PM »

Mbrown I can see my son doing that when I'm older!!
Dulciana how lovely a wedding, choosing an outfit, but that little story funny but also maybe a tad embarrassing, but that's what wedding days are for :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 08:04:02 PM »

Make sure that you guide her up the Aisle  ;D

dulciana

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 08:33:09 AM »

Make sure that you guide her up the Aisle  ;D

;D

cubagirl

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 09:50:21 AM »

Have to say our two weren't too bad during the teen years, or maybe meno brain is clouding my memories.  ;D It was when they reached the 16-18 year old stage, I'd let them go out, but wasn't able to relax until back home. I'd leave a light on, which had to be switched off whenever they got in. Worked a treat. If they were staying over they had to phone or text.

Doubt my son would take my hand.  ;D Daughter complains because I can't keep up with her.  :-\ She has really long legs, I'm petite. 🏃🏃🏃 Only time she slowed down was when heavily pregnant.

MOB outfit, have you any ideas what you fancy? I went with open mind. Went for comfy shoes, but in hindsight maybe should have put up with the pain of higher heels.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:53:27 AM by cubagirl »

dulciana

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 02:21:36 PM »

MOB outfit, have you any ideas what you fancy? I went with open mind. Went for comfy shoes, but in hindsight maybe should have put up with the pain of higher heels. 

Not yet, CG.  They haven't set a date so it's not been at the front of my mind.   Until now, maybe..........!  Re. shoes, I'll definitely go for higher heels, as I'm short and my hubby plus the nearly-weds are all tall.   Having said that, I'll make sure they're comfy ones and not too high.   I think I'll wear a fascinator, rather than a hat.  Other than that, I haven't a clue.  Better start looking!  ::)

Butterfly22

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 02:29:39 PM »

I've been engaged for four years still no wedding bells just yet!
My daughter is 18 and did go through the stage of not coming anywhere with us but now she wants to again which is nice xx

Mbrown001

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 03:10:12 PM »

I don't do hats...I just look silly to be honest.

My sister had a friend who spent a long time telling us about the beautiful fornicater that she bought for a wedding. Now when anyone mentions one I get a fit of the giggles  ::) ;D

cubagirl

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 03:41:20 PM »

Fascinator, Fascinator  ;D

My shoes had 2inch heels dulciana, got from Hotter. Raspberry pink outfit, navy accessories. Had my practical head on, thinking I'd get the use of navy shoes at least. Now wish I'd gone for a nice shade of grey/silver accessories for all the use I've had of the shoes. Ah well.

dulciana

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 05:11:24 PM »

You win some, you lose some, I suppose, cubagirl.   :)

In fact, I've just seen a really "me" outfit in a Glasgow shop's website.   Even Hubby said it was "me"!   I mean, I could try and get it now but with no date set for D's and FSIL's wedding yet, it might not be suitable by the time I came to wear it, e.g. it might not fit any more!!    At least I now know which shop to head for, when the time comes!    :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4