Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: femseven sequi patches and swimming  (Read 2077 times)

Cee

femseven sequi patches and swimming
« on: July 31, 2017, 02:54:06 PM »

Hi newbie here looking for advice please. I have stopped bleeding and I am 53. I have been using HRT for nearly 2 years. I am currently using he femseven sequi patches (for about 8 moths) and I like them but I am going on holiday for a week. I love swimming in sea and last time I did this the patch came off. I can't afford to put a new one every day for a week and don't have that much either. I am coming up to the next set of 1 patches and was wondering whether to just stop it for a week and just put up with effects for not using it for a week? Then when I return to start my cycle of number 1 patches?

I also have some of my previous HRT which was Ellleste Duet. I do not like these as much as the Femseven but I did consider using these for one month (in sync with my HRT cycle) as they are tablet form. Is this a bad idea? 

Thanks for any advice.

Carol

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: femseven sequi patches and swimming
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 09:55:57 PM »

I wouldn't stop using if the product suits, wouldn't risk a crisis whilst away!!!  I would however ring my Surgery and ask for an earlier prescription to take with me  ;).  They may have advice on how to keep the patches on whilst swimming or your local Pharmacy may know.

Then you can let us know  ;).   :welcomemm:  we have a holiday 2017 thread here somewhere if you want to join in.