Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Estring and external estriole (how often)… inc very long post on my history  (Read 5819 times)

Ljp

Hi ladies,

At last I've got some estriole (ovestin) cream to use externally to hopefully (please!!!!) help with the external soreness, ****liness and burning sensations.
A question for those of you that have both internal treatment (I have estring) and external cream, how often do you use the cream? Should I apply it daily for a while to see if things settle? Or just every other day or twice a week?

Thank you
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 01:29:24 PM by Ljp »

nicolcarrie70

Re: Estring and external estriole (how often)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 08:44:07 AM »

Hi Ljp,
Glad you now have some Ovestin for your sore bits🙌  Estring + Estrogel + Estriol Cream + Ovestin = my arsenal!  I use a pea size amount of Ovestin and smear just inside and around the outside once or sometimes twice a day.  Good luck🙏🙏

Ljp

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 10:24:18 AM »

Thanks Nicolcarrie, has it helped you? I have Estring, estrogel and Mirena and now ovestin too, just wondering how often to use and how long before it will take effect?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 01:42:22 PM by Ljp »

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 10:36:35 AM »

i use it at night and it allows the cream to do its magic for hours until you get up, I've tried morning but I'm wiping it off after weeing

Now I use it @ every other day along with 5/7 vagifem and my estrogel and testosterone

Maryjane

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 10:37:32 AM »

Everyday is fine , as my gynae and Mr Panay .

I have the estring and use estriol cream (the ovestin burns me ) rubbed into my scars. Before Mona I could not tolerate the creams but now it's fine.

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 10:41:49 AM »

I've never considered estring as I have cystocele and tried a pessary ring before my hysterectomy for the complete prolapse and it kept pinging out, but I like the idea of it sitting there for a few months at a time

Maryjane

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 10:53:51 AM »

Annie it's worth a go , bit of a knack getting it in as I have a slight front wall prolapse so abit of manoeuvreing is required 😜.

Mine sits high up to the left and ticks part of itself under the cervix , my cervix is retroverted so will naturally sit just under , don't feel it at all, no fillers like vagifem.

Sex no problem with it in , stays in during period. Also interestingly I had erosions on my cervix for years , last smear no erosion to be seen , only explanation oestrogen where it's needed ?

nicolcarrie70

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 10:54:54 AM »

I use it Every day!!  Morning and evening!!  I do not use the applicator, I use a smaller amount, it's a very light smear of Ovestin.  I make sure that I have emptied my bladder first to prevent wiping off with toilet paper.  Anything that is still there later on I presume is the filler so not a problem if that gets wiped off.
It took some time to ease my symptoms, about 2 weeks to be honest.  Now, it seems to give me pretty instant relief of any discomfort in that area.  If I feel particularly uncomfortable I just add a little extra (on top of the twice a day)!  I'm at the stage where all the rule books have been thrown out the window and I will do anything just to make my bit comfortable.  Not that I'm advocating the amount I'm using but it definitely helps me.

Maryjane

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 11:10:09 AM »

My rule book re my vagina has also gone out the window , I have gone AWOL 😉.

I have a VERY expensive , troublesome vagina .

nicolcarrie70

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 11:41:21 AM »

Maryjane, yours is a very expensive vagina!  I am eagerly awaiting your ML updates and saving my pennies in the meantime as it's next on my list 😉

Annie0710

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 12:13:33 PM »

Annie it's worth a go , bit of a knack getting it in as I have a slight front wall prolapse so abit of manoeuvreing is required 😜.

Mine sits high up to the left and ticks part of itself under the cervix , my cervix is retroverted so will naturally sit just under , don't feel it at all, no fillers like vagifem.

Sex no problem with it in , stays in during period. Also interestingly I had erosions on my cervix for years , last smear no erosion to be seen , only explanation oestrogen where it's needed ?

Thank you! I'm going to look into this .  Does it matter I have no cervix and uterus ? X

Ljp

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 12:45:47 PM »

Thank you ladies!  I got ovestin cream from online prescription had to pay for prescription, and answer lots of questions. I understand my doctor has contacted the gynae at hospital and I'm expecting a call from her regarding whether I can have estriole cream on prescription.
The only other query that is niggling me is IF the estring may be causing the soreness/****ly/burning sensation I'm getting around vaginal entrance and surrounding skin? Although I did get small cracks in skin around clitorus the other week too  … if that is a possibility then I'm contemplating going back to using estriole internally too? What are your thoughts please?

If it wasn't so costly I'd be seriously considering MLT asap!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 01:39:30 PM by Ljp »

Ljp

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2017, 12:47:07 PM »

Just to add my YES Order arrived today, I've got a tube of the VM and a tube of WB to try … desperate for relief 😢

Ljp

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2017, 01:28:23 PM »

So many things going through my head regarding all this… it started in 2015, no before then,  with frequency and urgency, took me a while to seek help, dr advised vesicare, but I read side effects, dryeyes etc, and decided not to take… bladder so bothersome had to go see her again and after reading about local oestrogen on here, I suggested it to her, and asked if i could try low dose estriole cream… used it successfully, bladder better (although still had some days that were terrible) from May 2015 -Oct when I had a post meno bleed, only light, but not having had anything since the previous August 2014, I called Dr, she said probably nothing but referred me for hysteroscopy and gynae appointment.

Had that in Dec 2015, gynae had problems inserting the camera as she said my cervix was closed, and she said 'you're too young for this' didn't think to ask what she meant… anyway after opening cervix,  hysteroscopy showed thin lining 4mm… I was surprised when she suggested Mirena, hadn't expected any HRT advise, she said it would protect uterus from any effects of oestrogen therapy, she also fitted the estring,  she said she could prescribe a patch or I could think about it and see my GP.

When I got home a bit numb from all that had happened, and totally confused, I came on here seeking advise, and was strongly advised to start systemic estrogen asap otherwise the Mirena could cause atrophy of uterus lining, which scared me!… I called my GP and asked for estrogel, which I've been on ever since.

I started on one pump, which was ok, but again, reading on here and still feeling weird by all the gadgetry inside me, I increased to two pumps hoping I could do without estring… I removed estring in August last year as I wanted to see how things went… on holiday in sept, I had an attack of what felt like thrush, presumed it was, as suffered recurrent thrush in my pill days before my children were born.… treated it with canesten in Spain, and it did settle down, think I put estring back in for a few weeks, but really can't remember.… oh prior to that, bladder was still causing problems so I did go on vesicare, 1 5mg tablet per day, and I still take it, although I've managed to reduce to one every other day, and bladder is so much better.…

Hope you are still with me (thank you ) …
removed estring and all was ok until I went on holiday this March, MAJOR flare up of something! … soreness, burning, inflammation, itching, bladder was bad too, again thought it was thrush, holiday, eating out, wine etc… bought canesten, improved a bit, bought second canesten, improved more… but still left feeling sore, burning, I can only liken it to that burn during childbirth when skin is stretched
Saw GP on my return she took swab for thrush and all was clear…
And that's my story… back on estring since April, just inserted new one two weeks ago.… and still aware of my vagina all the time, sore, ****ly, burning, slight irritation at times try not to scratch or rub as that can crack the skin.

I've had a new doctor since last year, my lovely lady retired… I Asked my new GP for estriole cream at my last appointment in May, she said she would have to find out if it could be used with everything else… I called three weeks ago as not heard anything, she said she was waiting for reply and that general thoughts were no, as too much oestrogen, and offered no other advice other than trying a patch instead of estrogel … I called surgery this Minday and apparently there is a reply on system from hospital gynae… I called this morning as still not heard from GP, got call back to say she'll call me tomorrow.

VA has never been mentioned to me by doctor or gynae, it's something I have come to my own conclusion about, I presume it is? I look at my bits, but really don't know how they looked before, so don't know what I'm looking for to show me it's VA.… all I know is I'm feeling very down about it … and don't know what else to do or try … thank you for reading, and for any thoughts or advise, sorry for taking your time x
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 01:38:13 PM by Ljp »

Sweetscarlett

I know that I'm doing well when I 'm not aware of my vagina - thanks for sharing your story  LPJ and  like you  say when you can feel it you know it's bad.
 I 'm still doing my 14 day Ovestin/ vagifem reload but have been experiencing itching of late 😡
Agree with ladies that rules seem to go out of the window as far as maintenance is concerned.

I also when when I have a bad VA attack it's constantly on my mind, and I'm so aware of down below, it's very hard to switch off and ignore it !

💙💙Ss x
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 02:30:19 PM by Sweetscarlett »
Pages: [1] 2