Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Estring and external estriole (how often)… inc very long post on my history  (Read 5818 times)

Maryjane

Any ladies sweetsscarlett etc who suffer a lot with VA , there is a secret face book group ( I started it but no longer admin it handed it over ) go to the vulva pain society web page , on there is a link to a FB join that , its an interim group you will then be " interviewed" to go into the secret group.

It's not for the faint hearted , there are a few MM ladies on there .

Maryjane

There are no defiante answers with this , and I have had to steer my own shop the whole way.

Lots of trial and error , have you tried an antihistamine? that does help some , although it has drying properties re vag so long as you are using local oestrogen will be fine . As our last cells / histamine release can goninto over drive with all this.

It is very important you only use thrush cream if you really do have it , as it is so over used on the assumed and it can cause skin problems also from incorrect use , there is a problem now with resistance and thrush creams like antibiotics.

dahliagirl

I have some thrush cream in the cupboard from last time I thought I had it  ::)  When I last used it, it caused a very unpleasant burning sensation and I had to jump in the bath asap and shower it off using my husband's dermol (I rate this stuff  ;) ).  The cream is still in the cupboard - maybe I should get round to throwing it away.

Since then, I have used the multigyn actigel if I get ****ly feelings and although it stings on contact, it goes fast and seems to sort it out for me.

Anyway, I have had to find my own path through this, with a little help from the urogynae who started me off on vagifem after my prolapse repair.  I have had to deal with a change of gp surgery and rely on the nurse, who keeps forgetting which preparation is continuous/sequential etc and it would be nice to have some sort of overall clarity.  But I shall keep on KO for now.

Ljp

Thanks ladies, I guess it's all trial and error, but I just want to find some relief
I am worried looking ahead, at present I'm 52, but hate to think another 10, 20, even 30 years down the line, and not sure about full HRT for all that time, doubt my GP would allow it, then what chance have I got of controlling symptoms?
Another reason I'm contemplating MLT, help things now before they deteriorate further, and enabling me to use less hormone treatment?

Maryjane, I could see a link to Facebook group, and notsure I have vulvodynua yet! Dont want to think I have 😱… did you say it's for VA sufferers too?

Annie0710

I just presumed I had VA, just looked up symptoms of vulvodynua and describes mine

Maryjane

Hi yes it's VA sufferers also , VA if can't be treated comes under the umbrella term of
" vulvadynia" dynia Latin for pain , so pain in the vulva , caused by what ? Million dollar ?

When VA can't be sorted controlled it will then be given the title Vulvodynia of which VA symptoms are as good as identical, but I bet your bottom dollar hormones arw the main culprit especially at our ages.

But no the group isn't for the faint hearted , but lots of help info.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 07:14:11 AM by Maryjane »

Ljp

How do I get onto the group please MJ?

Maryjane

You need to have face book . Click onto the vulva pain society link , then request to join that group , from there one on two ladies will " interview " you to then be joined to the main secret group of about 450.

Ljp

Just had call from my Dr, she got response from gynae at local hospital who said" Mirena coil should be sufficient to protect uterus from any effects of oestrogen, however the estring and oestrogel should be enough to control symptoms and doubtful that extra cream externally will have much effect, but no problem trying it" they suggest application twice a week for 6 weeks then once a week for a month and see how I go. So off to get prescription fir the estriole cream shortly

Maryjane

Well that's good 😊 However many of us on here and as told by Mr Panay and my gynae ( who will be more knowledgeable than this one ) disagree also , and many of us use it every day , Dr Annie Evans now retired said a gap of more than 24 hours for local was to much. Suck it and see as they say. 😊

Ljp

Thanks Maryjane, picked up,prescription crossed wires I think as on the script it says insert one applicator twice weekly for two weeks then once week.
I called and left message to say I'm only wanting to use a small amount if estriole cream around the outside, I wonder if that's why gynae was saying wouldn't make a lot of difference. I am happy with internal estring and comfort, I think I will have to go see GP at some point just to clarify things as would hate not to have my repeat of estring and if cream helps external comfort then that too.
How long before I can expect improvement applying externally?

Maryjane

I whole tube of estriol ( not ovestin ) will probably last you a year externally , that is the equivalent of about ONE HRT pill a year so don't panic really , little girls with fused labia have this local oestrogen.

I have been at this nearly 5 years so go AWOL with it all , but I must say prior to Mona I couldn't tolerate the estriol.

I have women's health physio and she can't believe the difference internally and externally.

We are surrounded by hormones in all sorts of ways , plastics , ALL food types , water.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 04:24:13 PM by Maryjane »
Pages: 1 [2]