Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Feelin low just started femoston  (Read 4761 times)

Butterfly22

Feelin low just started femoston
« on: July 18, 2017, 06:40:55 PM »

Evening ladies, not been around a bit as not been feeling well, but I had to stop elleste solo as had a migraine for four days, so I tried to get Duavive as thought I don't have much to lose, but it wasn't available yet so the doctor said hopefully next few months.
In the meantime I'm back on femoston 1/10 but it's only been a couple of weeks but feeling really flat.
Will this pass as hate feeling like this x

Hurdity

Re: Feelin low just started femoston
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 07:21:00 AM »

Sorry to hear this Lil22 - give it a little while longer and see how you feel - and maybe if necessary you could increase the dose to 2/10 and see how you get on?

Hurdity x

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 08:16:27 AM »

Thanks Hurdity
She said maybe up but start low as all the problems I'm getting, I'll give it another couple of weeks if no better I'll ask for the 2/10 xx

Butterfly22

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 12:50:08 PM »

Hurdity do you think the higher dose could help my low mood, I just hate feeling so low xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 04:46:16 PM »

Unexpected new onset low mood in menopause is usually caused by low oestrogen (and sometimes testosterone) so if you don't feel good on the oestrogen only part of the HRT ( after you've got rid of the progestogen and had most of your bleed)  - or most of the time - then perhaps an increase would be beneficial.

Hurdity x

Butterfly22

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 04:49:16 PM »

Thank you for replying, yes I'll see how it goes just spent all day in bed and don't feel like seeing anyone, I don't think I'll get a bleed as not had one for about ten years even on HRT I'm suppose to get one on. Xx

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 08:24:12 PM »

Hi Lila22

I am so sorry to see you have left the forum - and whilst Emma says members leave all the time and we must respect their decision - you said why you left on the other thread and I can understand your feelings. I don't want to cause any form of argument but just to say -  this does happen from time to time with menopausal women and now and again things seem to flare up and things are said.  Some members also are very vulnerable and can be more affected by all the ins and outs and goings on. Emma I am sure will have it all under control to keep things running smoothly so please do consider rejoining.

I think it was you who changed your name and have been around for some time posting and asking for advice ( if I've muddled you up with someone else of similar name then I apologise!) but if you are that person some of us have been following your story and quest for the right HRT for some time. Even if you're not that person we still have  ::). Sorry my memory for names isn't what it was!

Anyway please reconsider - we're here to help and support each other and share advice and experiences for everyone's benefit :)

Hurdity x

DaisyB

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 11:29:14 PM »

Sorry I can't be of any more help to you - just want wanted to say I hope you're feeling a little bit better xx  I am also sorry you have left the forum  - if you're the same person I was reading older posts about and have ME - (if not please accept my apology) your experience would be so beneficial and helpful here to fellow CFS/ME ladies - like me - take care xx

dahliagirl

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 01:33:03 PM »

You and me too  :)  I hope you start feeling better soon.

Butterfly22

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 01:39:35 PM »

Ah thank you  Dahliagirl
This site really is the only info I get, even my doctor said I'm glad you read up on the MM forum as helps her. She is really helpful but to be honest I have to give with the info and we go for there.
Xxx

dahliagirl

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 01:47:38 PM »

I don't have much support in real life.

I have read loads on the subject, but it is reading what happens to other people and how those things translate into real life that helps me, as well as asking questions.

Especially with the VA - I knew I was having hormonal problems with the nethers, but the list of symptoms is long and vague and it helps to have the real life experiences to draw on to work out what is going on.

Butterfly22

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2017, 01:57:41 PM »

Ah well your the same, we need somewhere like this we can get all the info and help others if been in the same situation.
I'll be back to square one in a couple of months, I could not go any longer on femeston, felt really really low, so I had premique (discountined ) in the cupboard, I've five months supply so started on them as just need some stability I feel like I'm going crazy.
My skin has broke out, I'm very tired (already have ME) and felt so flat.
Are you on HRT? Xxx

dahliagirl

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2017, 02:12:22 PM »

Yes, I am on Fem 2/10.  I was on the pill for many years until I was 49, then had about 18 months or so where I could not get my equilibrium, then asked to try hrt.  I use vagifem too.

I have often longed for the days when I was on the pill and happy, but I reality there were a lot of problems brewing that I had got used to (headaches during the week off, vaginal dryness and awful night sweats). 
When I came off, I had loads of V infections that weren't, wet knicker disasters and would wake up randomly with painful joints and hobbled from my bed.  (It was all complicated by me having a small prolapse repair in the middle of it  ::) ) I had been offered mirena when my pills were pulled, but by then the doctor who did mirena had retired - but she came back as a locum, so I went and asked her if hrt would help my joints, and she said it was probably a good idea and thought I was doing the right thing.

Butterfly22

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2017, 02:37:47 PM »

Ah sorry to hear of all your problems, it's a nightmare, I've just been talking to my mother In law about the menopause and she said she doesn't even remember going through it! Some people just sail through it (my mum did) then some of us go to hell and back.
How do you feel these days? Are you ok on the femeston? Xxx

dahliagirl

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2017, 02:56:39 PM »

Yep - nice and stable at the moment (rest of life  :-X )

My grandmother said her periods just stopped when she was 50 and that was it.  However, she did go on to have a prolapse and I know for certain she had 'illnesses' that stopped her doing the laundry when she was mid-late 40s so I think there were things that she did not recognise, perhaps.
Pages: [1] 2