Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: dental phobia  (Read 6296 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: dental phobia
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2017, 09:52:01 PM »

Crikey that sounds excessive Ariadne!  Could you ring the Dept. you have been referred to for a cancellation appt., although if you have having sedation you may need to be 'starved from mid-night'  ::) but may be worth asking?  People who recover or simply change their minds often don't inform the Dept.!  :beat: .........

katsclaws  :thankyou: 4 the update!  Relieved?   I use a baby soft toothbrush to get round my awkward teeth  ::)

ariadne

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2017, 10:11:50 PM »

Good idea CLKD although I'm in no rush at the moment.  I hadn't considered the starvation scenario. Not too happy about that as I'm sure I won't be able to eat much after the extraction either and I do likes me food😂

Ariadne xx

katsclaws

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2017, 08:12:35 AM »

CLKD, I really like my ultra soft toothbrush.
Ariadne, I think even with general anaesthetics the 'starvation' time is shorter than it used to be. Will you be seeing your dentist more frequently than usual about your tooth. ? I think if waiting doesn't make the surgery more complicated and you are not having any problems with the tooth then it's worth waiting. It's a good idea to ring about cancellations.

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2017, 03:40:06 PM »

Mine is a soft, baby sized brush and I use those 'tip-pee' things too.  Advised by my Dentist.

ariadne

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2017, 03:48:26 PM »

Dentist didn't say to see him unless I am in pain before i get an appointment through.

I use those inter dental brushes too. In fact I'm quite obsessive about using them after a meal.

Ariadne xx

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2017, 03:49:34 PM »

I usually wait 10-20 mins. after a meal before using those, otherwise my sense of taste goes away - I think that most of my breakfast gets washed down the sink  ::) [muesli]
Pages: 1 2 [3]