Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Testosterone users......  (Read 6883 times)

DaisyB

Re: Testosterone users......
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 08:15:56 AM »

Annie - interesting that you mention decreased anxiety. Sorry to go off subject ::)  I've increased sandrena gel to 2 sachets per day - I've never felt so chilled. No anxiety whatsoever! This has only happened in last 2/3 weeks since increasing dose - The difference in my personality is dramatically different (in a positive way) :)  I also removed all supplements whilst I was waiting on shipment of new ones arriving after consultation with Claire S Darling - so I know for sure it was the increased estrogen ;)

Annie0710

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 09:37:44 AM »

Aw I'm glad you're seeing improvement Daisy, you deserve it

Mine isn't massive but a definite slight improvement x

DaisyB

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2017, 06:13:51 AM »

Thanks Annie - I'm walking on egg shells as the fear of going backwards still lingers :-\ . On advice from Claire Snowdon I reduced estrogen last two days trying to follow a pattern of a natural cycle. The anxiety started to creep back  :'(  I am able to handle it though as it's not anywhere near as bad - but I thought it was worth mentioning. I could be in a honeymoon period - that's my concern. Hopefully I keep heading in this positive direction.

Maryjane

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2017, 06:42:52 AM »

My gynae is wary of T ( can have a trial if I want ) because she feels it is being used to regularly without understanding that it can raise the " cholesterol lipids " in women , and these should be checked. In some women quite significantly.

Tempest

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2017, 08:53:07 AM »

Professor Lumsden is very wary of prescribing it too for these reasons. xxxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2017, 10:29:46 AM »

It is the cholesterol aspects and the possible effect on cardiovascular system that niggles at the back of my mind too as my cholesterol is high and I don't know what it was before I started taking T. We need to know what the long term implications of this are, and especially if T replacement within the physiological range, produces metabolic effects (eg on cholesterol) that are different from before T replacement eg when we were younger and T was at the same level - if you see what I mean.

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2017, 09:58:25 PM »

Update since this morning - I had another look at the Intrinsa paper and it had this to say about cholesterol:

Lipids
No differences were noted in total cholesterol or triglyceride levels between INTRINSA-treated
patients and the placebo-treated patients during the 24-week double-blind period in either the phase II
or phase III studies or with additional therapy up to 52 weeks.

However it was only looked at for 52 weeks and I'm sure like Maryjane I have read elsewhere that they can increase - but can't find where.... It is clearly an area where top gynaes disagree (ie Studd and Lumsden) - and this has to be due to lack of information I'm sure?

Anyway many of us are taking it and many more will do so - but let's hope some info comes out in due course. Trouble is that trials take a long time if we want long term data.

You've started something here Annie0710!!

Hurdity x

Maryjane

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2017, 06:26:57 AM »

Interesting Hurdity everyone's opinions in the medical are so different , even when all are the top of there field.

I go back in September/ October and will discuss further as to wether she has more updated information. As she does prescribe it , but is cautious with it , not willy nilly.

Makes it so hard for the likes of myself " jo public " , who alot of our minds are muddle fuddled a lot of the time. 😉

Hurdity

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2017, 08:56:31 AM »

I love your term "muddle-fuddled" - that just about describes a menopausal foggy head!!!

Hurdity x

KatyB

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2017, 03:49:27 PM »

I did find some medical references from Medline on the issue of cholesterol and testosterone excess. Seems mainly linked to polycystic ovary syndrome but that's the most typical cause of high testosterone relative to oestrogen - seems to relate to both balance between and absolute levels. Seems like medical term is hyperandrogenism.
General papers here
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?linkname=pubmed_pubmed&from_uid=18615851
I also found this paper debunking various myths about use of testosterone supplementation in women - its fully referenced and thought it could be of interest. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378512213000121
KatyB

dazned

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2017, 04:19:14 PM »

Thanks,very interesting reading. :)

Annie0710

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2017, 04:36:28 PM »

I like that last link, thanks Katy!

Hurdity

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2017, 04:44:10 PM »

Thanks KatyB! - Very interesting. Must have a look at some of those references in the second link when I've got more time. I seem to remember I bookmarked that one but forgot about it  ::)

Hurdity x

Maryjane

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2017, 06:28:11 AM »

Thanks Katy B 😊 Will be interested in the scientific ladies amongst you opinions. 😊

As from what I read it could be the next piece of the jigsaw re my VA ? 🤔

Blakeygray

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2017, 10:00:25 AM »

Thank you KatyB, an interesting read indeed. The article addresses so many myths and misconceptions.

Why isn't this common knowledge? Is this enough to change my gp and  practice manager's mind?

What stood out for me was how long testosterone has been prescribed for pre and post menopausal women; since 1938!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3