Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Ablation What to expect  (Read 2424 times)

Sooby

Ablation What to expect
« on: July 14, 2017, 04:09:29 PM »

Hi, can anyone give me an idea of the after effects of Ablation please. I know that we are all different but the NHS info says refrain from work for 24 hours and some stuff I read online suggests that chronic cramps and feeling rotten for a week is not unusual.

Just trying to plan my diar and work commitments for the week after and dont want to cancel things if I'm going to be fine but dont want to over commit if I'm feeling rubbish.

Salad

Re: Ablation What to expect
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 04:24:08 PM »

Hi Sooby

No personal experience of ablation but my sister in law's was very successful.
Having had general anaesthetics a number of times I would suggest taking the week off if you can- but then I tend to be over cautious.

Good luck  :)

Zara69

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 04:45:21 PM »

Hello! I had an ablation about 4 years ago for heavy, non-stop bleeding...even went into theatre flooding.  It was the best thing for me.  General anaesthetic was fine (you're not under long) woke to no bleeding, just a watery, brownish discharge for about a week (not heavy, panty liner sufficient).  Took just paracetamol for 2 days...didn't really need them as wasn't really in pain, a bit bloated.  A couple of days doing not much and I was fine!  Had no periods after that, sometimes a speck of blood once a monthish which happens if a few cells are left behind. X

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 05:17:30 PM »

Hasty I am sure that your hubby had the cardiac one not the endometrial ablation that Sooby iis referring to  ;D

Mbrown001

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 08:46:55 PM »

Sooby. That is the best description of lady bits that I have ever heard.

All doctors should be made to use those terms  ;D ;D

I hope you will be just fine, and that it will do nothing for your sense of humour.

Carj

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 09:22:49 PM »

I had an ablation 9 years ago. The surgery was fine it's the anaesthetic that gives me trouble. I had the op on a Tuesday and was back in work the following Monday. I'd have been back sooner if the anaesthetic hadn't made me so sick, causing an extra day in hospital.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 04:57:35 PM »

I must admit I was puzzled both at the "DBH" wondering what this was and then the "he" thinking how can a "he" have had an ablation! Now I know too  ;D

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 04:20:39 PM »

Thanks Hasty - no wonder I couldn't work it out as I was trying to think of a female person with those initials!   ::)

Hurdity x