Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Worried about changing to Elleste Duet  (Read 1438 times)

Pansypots

Worried about changing to Elleste Duet
« on: July 14, 2017, 04:57:38 PM »

Hi, first time on here and I hoping someone (anyone) can offer some positive views on Elleste Duet. I've been taking Cyclo Pro-gyneover for 5 months and it's been brilliant. Before starting it I was actually at the suicidal point and just didn't want to go on anymore. My GP was really good with me and we eventually opted for HRT after blood tests. I am so glad I took the option.

However, went to,pick up my prescription this week and it's been changed to Elleste Duet (2mg) as the pharmacy can no longer get the Cyclo Pro-gyneover. Ok I thought, it's the same dosage, it fits with my veggie ethics (no poor mares wee). I went away and looked it up and so far haven't anyone who has said they find it good. Mainly it's the progesterone substitute that seems to be causing the trouble. I really can't face going back where I was five months ago, but that appears to be a significant side effect that those taking it experience.

Can anyone say anything positive? Thanks.

Tapnut45

Re: Worried about changing to Elleste Duet
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 07:12:28 PM »

Hi I'm really sorry to hear that you've had such a bad time, it's good that you found some HRT that worked and I can understand you being worried now that brand isn't available.
I've also been reading up about different HRT tablets as I wanted to try something, and I've decided on Femoston 1/10, as it's not got norethisterone in it, the progesterone is called dydrogesterone. I'm starting it tomorrow, fingers crossed it will suit me.
You could try getting a doc appointment or even a telephone appointment with the doc and tell them how worried you are, and ask about the options, and see if you can agree on something you are happy with, whether it be the Elleste Duet or something else? Good luck and try not to worry. Everyone's experience is different and you might be fine with the Elleste.