Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Increasing oestrogel  (Read 4049 times)

lizzog

Increasing oestrogel
« on: July 11, 2017, 07:52:05 AM »

I've been on 1 pump of oestrogel in the morning and 1 pump in the evening, and getting on ok with it, but have had a bit of a 'blip' the last few nights of not sleeping well and waking with night sweats.
Do you think it would be ok to increase the dose at all?  I'm not sure what the 'maximum' dose is!

lizzog

Re: Increasing oestrogel
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 09:52:07 AM »

Thanks - I'm currently putting it on the tops of my arms, and tops of outer thighs if I've added suncream! Will increase the dose tonight and see what results I get.

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 10:17:48 AM »

I was on 2 pumps and night sweats crept back so upped to 2.5 , so far so good

lizzog

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 12:25:25 PM »

Yes I only put suncream on tops of arms, and would then put oestrogel on legs if putting suncream on.

I'm hoping that I see some improvement increasing the dose a little.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 07:40:56 PM »

lizzog - do you use a progestogen as well or have you had hysterectomy or have a Mirena? Either way probably best to check with your doc if you are thinking of increasing the dose considerably eg to 3 or 4 pumps long term?

Any increase should be given at least a month before deciding you need to increase further - it does not necessarily have an immediate effect - and sometimes increasing too much too soon bizarrely can have the opposite effect on flushes!

Hurdity x

lizzog

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 09:07:15 PM »

Thanks- I've got a mirena too.
I've just added a half a pump and will only be temporary whilst I'm having night sweats again.

weathergirl

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 10:42:01 PM »

And just to be the devil's advocate here, it is to be expected that one would have an off day or a string of days from time to time, no?   I would be reluctant to up the dosage or change it unless I'd gone a good solid month or more feeling out of sorts and 'under' dosed.  This is just my opinion only and I'm truly not trying to sound contrary or argumentative (really!)  I've had the exact thing you mention happen to me as well, lizzog, only to see it correct itself within a week or so.  I'm just throwing it out there. Hugs and good luck!

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 03:48:29 PM »

I know what you mean weathergirl - it is so easy to attribute every slight mood change or twinge of anxiety to the HRT being wrong when in reality our moods change daily for all sorts of reasons!

I think that's very good advice - because chopping and changing doses in the short term will only add to fluctuations and what your body needs at this time is consistency - but I appreciate the desire to be feeling good 100% of the time right now! :)

Hurdity x

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 06:05:44 PM »

I was on four pumps and reduced to two because too much felt as bad as too little if that makes sense.all hrt has done is reduce sweats but has had no effect on joint pain or terrible low mood and isolating myself. Too much oestrogen did cause flushing and terrible anxiety so be careful too much too soon x

Ljp

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 10:37:22 AM »

Also bear in mind we've been having hit nights, I too have woken up sweating, but don't think it's hormone related, I'm also on two pumps a day and Mirena

Peacegirl

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 01:21:16 PM »

I agree with all that's been said and just wanted to add I've noticed I seem to have variable competence with applying the gel. I.e I realised I wasn't giving myself 2 full pumps and sometimes was too distracted or in a hurry and perhaps didn't rub it in enough. I'm hoping this might be causing not feeling too well past few weeks so I'm going to concentrate on my application technique. Also I've been applying both pumps first thing post-shower and I'm switching one to the evening to see if this eases waking up feeling ill. I dont know if any of this applies to you Lizogg but hope so and good luck! It's such a minefield!(i also feel wobbly if I have too much.)