Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A happy update & a question.  (Read 8269 times)

Kathleen

Re: A happy update & a question.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 02:42:50 PM »

Hello GypsyRoseLee.

It's so lovely to hear from you and  learn that you have found a treatment that works for you. You are still young so you have many HRT assisted years ahead of you.

Have  lovely holiday and hopefully you'll keep in touch.

Take care.

K.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2017, 03:17:14 PM »

Hi Katia

I've done quite a bit of research into this and apparently an awful lot of pharmacies will only order in parallel import versions of the generic brand, because it is cheaper.

I was fine using the Estrogel supplied from Prof Studd's private pharmacy, but when I got a script from my GP for the same product I was given Oestrodose instead. Different packaging, different pump pack. Supposedly the active ingredient was the same but it really didn't seem to be as effective. The gel was also more watery.

I know other ladies on here (Tempest is one) have noticed the same differences.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 03:24:36 PM »

Hello MaryG

That's useful to know that it's fine carrying it in your hand luggage. I am so paranoid about it getting lost on holiday I might get DH to carry some and my children  ;D

We are nowhere near the border unfortunately. It does seem silly that you can buy it so casually OTC in Spain, but not here.

As to hormonal anxiety/depression both Prof Studd and his colleague (can't remember his name) both said that 3-4 pumps were needed to alleviate depression and anxiety. But whether that's because 4 pumps suppresses hormonal fluctuations which cause anxiety, or whether it gives you the necessary oestrogen boost to improve your mood I don't know?

Last week I had a couple of dodgy days on day 6-7 of taking 100mg Utrogestan, presumably reacting to it? But last month I had no dodgy days at all when taking Utro.

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 03:32:52 PM »

Hi GypsyRoseLee

Lovely to hear from you and so pleased you are doing well - and in fact it's great when women disappear for this reason - that they no longer need any advice or support because they are doing so well!

It's probably a bit of both (re oestrogen)?

Interesting about your lack of bleed with such a high dose but then we don't know how much is absorbed by each woman - the most important thing is it's working for you :). I get a decent bleed using only 62.5 mcg patch but then i have a longer cycle so that will partly explain it.

Long may it last and have a fantastic holiday - I'd love to go to Portugal. We usually go to Spain! Enjoy the rest of your life post-menopause or at least post- awfulness, if you are not quite at menopause! :)

Hurdity x

Katia

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 03:33:22 PM »

My consultant said to use 3-4 pumps too and that it really is a tiny dose.  4 pumps is 3mg.

Katia

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 04:19:05 PM »

My gel has be sins on it, is written in French and has a translated label on the back

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2017, 05:24:02 PM »

My consultant said to use 3-4 pumps too and that it really is a tiny dose.  4 pumps is 3mg.

Nothing wrong with using 3-4 pumps if your consultant has suggested this and you need it - after all the general instruction say up to 4 pumps - but it's not a tiny dose though comparatively  :-\.

Hurdity x

dangermouse

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 07:35:47 PM »

Yay, fantastic news! Glad you got there in the end and have a wonderful holiday.

edelweiss

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2017, 10:09:25 PM »

I just popped back on here and saw your post GRL. I'm absolutely delighted to read it, I really am. Just thrilled for you and I hope you have a wonderful relaxing holiday. - you deserve it! Oh and if you are worried about your estrogel going missing (this was always my greatest fear about going on hols) you could get some Sandrena gel to take in your handbag as a back up? xxxx
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 10:11:00 PM by edelweiss »

flufferama

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2017, 09:25:40 AM »

Delighted to read your update GRL.

I haven't been here for a while either, I got some great advice last year. Thankfully I'm doing well too, in my case I needed ADs but they've worked and I'm well on the road back now.

Katia

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2017, 03:28:00 PM »

It's white with a blue swirly logo.

donnacrichton

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2017, 08:01:30 PM »

I am so happy for you it feels like we have
  been through the most hellish lows together. It gives me lots of hope and I wish you the best holiday x

ancient runner

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2017, 09:45:46 AM »

Brilliant news GRL. Go Professor Studd!

Peacegirl

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 11:41:34 AM »

Thanks for all the positive news grl! Hope you have/are having a great time.

Now I'm wondering if I've got the good or the snidely version of estrogel. Can anyone confirm what the good one looks like?  :D

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2017, 12:07:35 PM »

Great to hear from you GRL! You are giving lots of ladies hope and positivity.

All the best and take care!
Have a great holiday xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3