Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Terrible achy joints that change every day  (Read 2061 times)

Achyanfedup

Terrible achy joints that change every day
« on: July 17, 2017, 03:25:19 PM »

Please can someone give me advice
I have been suffering badly with achy legs hands feet arms you name
Some days it's worse than other
It goes from
One place to another over nite too
I'm
Struggling walking as legs an soles of feet ache so much
Back in the middle is tender
My wrists ache
I'm generally feeling low
Only taking pain killers as not keen on the hrt route
I am so tired as well
At night don't sleep an ache to much an can't move
Iv try a gel glucosamine doesn't seem to do much
Please can any one help
I am Getting depressed with it all

nearly50

Re: Terrible achy joints that change every day
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 03:31:04 PM »

Hi Achyanfedup and welcome to the forum.

Your post is a bit like a poem because of the layout so I read it that way!

You could get your vitamin D levels checked and see if a supplement makes a difference? Good to get thyroid and ferritin levels checked too while you're there. Magnesium might help too. Maybe a physio could check your posture, or you could go for a sports massage?

Good luck sorting it, it is horrible I know.

NettyJay

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 03:38:57 PM »

I too am suffering with exactly the same problem. My ankles are worst but my elbows also ache, as do my fingers, shins, knees. The irony is before this I joined a walking group to help me lose some meno weight. Now I try to join them but I am the one at the back and by the time I finish I am triumphant but almost bedridden. (In the past both my ankles have had very bad sprains and I think they are coming back to haunt me.)

Things that make me feel (a little) better. Epsom salt baths. Aromatherapy. Walking - sounds mad but I want to keep moving and I am afraid of 'ceasing up.' Small amounts of very gentle exercise. Over the counter painkillers aren't brilliant but i do take ibuprofen now and then. My pain changes hourly from vague and background, to hardly being able to put my foot on the floor.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Try to stay positive. Hard I know!

J.

Maryjane

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 08:03:27 PM »

Vitamin d ?

dahliagirl

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 08:07:38 PM »

Things that help me:

vitamin d
magnesium (small amounts - gives me poo problems which is a larf because I usually am constipated  ;D)
omega 3s
relaxation/yoga/stretching - it is worth going through a routine before you try to sleep.
gentle exercise little and often

I am trying glucosamine/chondroitin at the moment but have nothing to report so far as I am still trying to find a way to take enough tablets without it upsetting my tummy  :(

I have come to the conclusion that some of it is because of changes in the connective tissues due to reduced oestrogen, and some of it is because of tight muscles that won't relax and my body is often rigid - it is obviously hormonal in cause, because it started when I stopped the pill and all the meno stuff started, but I have not found a way to stop it!

I also take hrt.  This has not eliminated it but I do not wake up in the night unable to move my head for the pain, so it is worth it for that  ;)