Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hi I am new and really could do with some advise please  (Read 2380 times)

Jasmine3234

Hi I am new and really could do with some advise please
« on: July 12, 2017, 08:38:26 PM »

I have been on the "mini pill" for 14 years, which stops me having a period.  I am 49.  One of the reasons for me still taking it is because I have severe bladder and bowel problems after an accident and can't face have the other bit causing me problems too.
I am pretty sure I am going through the menopause now, but obviously I cannot gauge it by periods. 
What started a few years ago was terrible night sweats.  This moved on to flushes and feeling dreadful.  I have been taking Nutrition fx menopause for quite some time, and while the sweats etc have reduced, I have noticed recently my mood, brain fog, anxiety and sleep etc is terrible.

I was so bad yesterday I didn't know what to do with myself. 

I am very keen to start HRT, but I am worried about the switch from Cerezette (mini pill) and what to do about the Phytoestogens.  I am also desperate not to have bleeding.

Any advice would really be appreciated.  Thank you x

dazned

Re: Hi I am new and really could do with some advise please
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 08:57:37 PM »

:welcomemm:

Glad to have with us.

We think you need to have this discussion with your gp,explain that you would like to stop your mini pill and start Hrt as you are experiencing flushes etc. As you are only 49 you will need a sequential hrt though,one with oestrogen and progesterone added for last 14days, this will result in a bleed though in most cases. Let us know how you get on.

Jasmine3234

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 09:00:28 PM »

Thank you, but why do I have to have a bleed? 

Cazikins

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 09:09:03 PM »

Hi Jasmine3234
Have you thought about having the mirena coil fitted Jasmine? it will provide the progesterone part of HRT and you get very little bleeding if any at all. You could then take a separate estrogen in the form of pill, patch or gel.

Thank you, but why do I have to have a bleed? 

Sorry but I can't give you a full reason at the moment but hopefully someone will be along soon with an explanation.
Cazi.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 10:21:05 PM »

:welcomemm:

Maybe ask your GP to refer you to a Gynaecologist or Surgeon appropriate to your bladder/bowel problems if you aren't having follow-ups following the accident, or ask to go back to the Surgeon who treated you for advice?

Jasmine3234

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 09:52:47 PM »

Hi, sorry I should have explained that the bladder/bowel problems are a completely separate issue and nothing more can be done.

However, the thought of having to deal with irrational bleeding just fills me with dread, which is why I asked if I would be able to have continuous combined HRT.

Also, I mentioned I have been taking "nutrition fx menopause" and while the sweats have reduced a little, I don't see any change in mood etc. In factr, it is getting worse. 

Any more advice would be really welcome.  Thank you x

daisysareyellow

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 11:00:50 PM »

Hi, sorry I should have explained that the bladder/bowel problems are a completely separate issue and nothing more can be done.

However, the thought of having to deal with irrational bleeding just fills me with dread, which is why I asked if I would be able to have continuous combined HRT.

Also, I mentioned I have been taking "nutrition fx menopause" and while the sweats have reduced a little, I don't see any change in mood etc. In factr, it is getting worse. 

Any more advice would be really welcome.  Thank you x

Hi Jasmine,
I am not sure what your bladder and bowel issues are, but I have a condition called Interstitial Cystitis which is a chronic incurable form of cystitis. The drug I take for it (elmiron) causes IBS. I am no stranger to bladder/bowel issues although both are under control. I also am a menstrual migraineur and have that under control too with medication. I am 51 and currently in perimenopause. My periods are all over the place. Can I ask what the issue is with getting periods? What is it about periods that would cause a problem for you?

Jasmine3234

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 08:43:32 PM »

Hi thanks for the reply. 

It's the fact I am on the toilet for either bladder or bowels so often (just last night 17 times) I just can't face the middle bit causing me problems as well.

:-\