Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: 3rd week of big hair shedding while on the mirena...should I remove it?  (Read 2554 times)

Noheroicsplease

I am in the third week of a big hair shedding on the mirena. I've had the mirena in for 6 months. I've had hair shedding before - a few years ago - but not since. I'm taking ferrous fumerate 3 x a day with Vit C and lysine.

I've tried to stay calm, give it a month or 6 weeks while I wonder what I do, or see if it calms down, but today about 50 hairs came out when I took my hair out of its band.

I don't know whether to just whip the coil? Have an HRT break. I guess I could always put it in again at a later date if I find other HRT disagrees with me.

It's really stressing me out today!

Tinkerbell

Thought I had replied to your post, must be going mad ::)

Noheroicsplease

Hi Shortie,

Thanks for the reply.

I had my oestrogen levels checked a few weeks ago and they were around 290? I have no idea if that's good or not?

Noheroicsplease

This is the first time I've tried HRT. I started in Jan after a year of no periods. I didn't really have any bad physical symptoms, no flushes etc, more emotional up and down. But I've got osteopenia, strong family of osteoporosis, so thought I'd give HRT a go.

I do feel ok. Aches and pains and not always the greatest mood, but nothing dangerous.

You say that about synthetic progesterone, which I also read about - but then someone has just posted the same hair shedding experience about utrogestan!

Thanks Shortie

x

Noheroicsplease

Hi again

I'm using one pump of estrogel a day. When I used two, my boobs felt like they were going to explode! I didn't like it. But maybe I need to increase it over a week and see what happens.

Noheroicsplease

Thanks so much, Shortie xx

DaisyB

Sorry for late reply - just spotted this thread - is hair loss any better now NHP? I have noticed that mine has started to thicken again once starting estrogel. I had Mirena inserted early April - before that hair falling out left right and centre ! I increased from 1 sachet a day if sandrena gel to 2 - helping with all symptoms but boobs staying sane. Let us know how you are getting in?

DaisyB

;D ;D  Just realised typo *boobs staying same* meant ::)