Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Weight gain with Elleste Conti patches  (Read 1611 times)

Beastie45

Weight gain with Elleste Conti patches
« on: July 10, 2017, 07:53:48 PM »

Hi everyone, have been on patches for 6 months, was on Elleste Duet tablets for 6 months previousmy but requested patches just for ease. I had a lot of symptoms prior to starting hrt and whilst it's helped to alleviate most of them, my hair is still thin, perhaps thinner, I'm still hot at night but the weight gain is depressing! Haven't been this heavy for years, have put on a stone and a half just in the past few months and the bloating is awful. Have reduced calorie intake and upped exercise to no avail  :'(. Am considering weaning myself off it and taking the herbal route. Has anyone else done this?  xxx

Hurdity

Re: Weight gain with Elleste Conti patches
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 07:31:44 PM »

Sorry to hear about the weight gain Beastie. Could this be due to the continuous progestogen in the conti patches? Some find that it has this effect? Could you consider another change in HRT type or perhaps a return to a cycle? Have you had your thyroid tested recently - sometimes function decreases in women at the time of mid-life? The progestogen in Evorel conti is the same type as in Elleste and as it is testosterone derived, can cause side effects such as hair loss - but thinning hair is also a sign of under-active thyroid.

Hurdity x