Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Rushing women's syndrome?  (Read 2506 times)

DaisyB

Rushing women's syndrome?
« on: July 10, 2017, 07:42:29 AM »

An article so interesting I thought it deserved a thread of its own  ;)  http://dailym.ai/2tXnPzG
I've just started working with Claire Snowdon Darling (thank you edelweiss) and this is exactly what she felt was going on with me. I think it may strike a chord with one or two other ladies on here also ::)
Slowing down is so important - but I'm rubbish at it - I am fatigued everyday but even when I'm sitting doing nothing I'm making lists in my head! There's definitely a lesson to be learned here I feel.

MicheleMaBelle

Re: Rushing women's syndrome?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 07:54:02 AM »

Yes Daisy B- that was me. I'd meet myself coming back. Stressful job, too little time. Now I'm a complete shambles , off work and utterly exhausted.
I booked an appointment with a recommended nutritionist but cancelled it last week as was too tired to go through with it( and it was via Skype!)
There's got to be something in this. I'm fed up with my mother saying that for her and my grandmother it wasn't as bad. I'm sure that even some of the medics we come across think we're drama queens too.
I've never felt so ill in my life x

babyjane

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 09:16:48 AM »

I think it's also a case of 21st century syndrome.  the modern lifestyle is so stressful and unhealthy it doesn't do anyone any good.  Previous generations were outdoors more, there was less pollution, took more exercise and didn't fill their bodies with man made foods full of additives that made them an unhealthy weight.  Add to that trying to juggle multiple balls in the air all at the same time and it's no wonder we often drop the lot.

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 09:59:13 AM »

Thanks Daisy B- even trying to get dressed requires a major effort. I'm like a giant toddler. Used to be so organised and tidy but you should see the mess in my bedroom. Hope you start to feel better soon x

paisley

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 11:09:06 AM »

Daisy's, love to hear your continued process with Claire. It sounds very interesting. I do believe we are what we eat

Mbrown001

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 12:40:25 PM »

We are the generation that tries to do it all. Sometimes there is work and children and elderly parents and then we forget about ourselves.

In theory I've had it very easy because I didn't work when my kids were young and then after that it was always part time jobs.

Then my hubby became unwell....my mother needed so much help and my kids were being....well teenagers.
For years I've been pulled every which way with no time off for good behaviour  ::)

I guess it's just how things are.
Hubby is loads better and my mother is in a care home.....kids are grown up and good.

So why am I still stressed.

I think it's become a habit to be honest and one that I'm trying very hard to break.

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 01:26:49 PM »

I do wonder if these mobile and wi fi signals bouncing round our houses all the time affect our wellbeing.  It is a bee in my bonnet this one  ::)

cubagirl

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 04:48:28 PM »

Just when we think we can take things a bit easier & enjoy ourselves again, we get hit with Meno & it's associated health issues, never mind ageing parents etc. Ain't life grand!

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 05:29:23 PM »

Well the first thing to do is to forget about Facebook and Twitter and limit your e-mails, and put your smartphone out of sight somewhere and only look at it eg twice a day (or at least make sure you are not logged in to FB twitter, instagarm etc or even the internet on your phone. Unsubscribe to all those newsletter and updates you never read and feel guilty about. Ask your friends and whoever needs to contact you urgently to phone you on your landline if you have one - if not disconnect from the internet. Do your e-mails etc once a day from your computer, Get out in the fresh air. Eat a good diet. Yes slow down - go part-time. Find time to stand and stare and do nothing - even if only for 5 mins a day. Cut your responsibilities that are not essential and look for other solutions to those that are important. If you can afford it get a cleaner in once a week, or lower your tolerance to mess! More important to have time for you. By all means write lists  - you are either a list-maker or not - and then cross things off - but don't get stressed if you don't. Think of what's most important to you that day - what can wait. With young kids of course this is tricky but those whose children have grown up and/or become more independent there should be time for some of this.  Also tricky for those who are short of money - but is your life-style costing you too much? Do you need to spend £40 a month on an  i-phone - as an example (or whatever they cost) - and whatever else - if you are working flat out to pay for it ( and the big TV , foreign holiday etc). Yes if you are feeling like this spend some time to sit down and really look at what's important to you and you nearest and dearest and see what you can change - OK a fairly rushed simplistic view (just about to eat!) but an indication of some of the things that could be done :)

Hurdity x

Mbrown001

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 06:44:07 PM »

In an ideal world perhaps  :-\

I'm afraid none of the above would have worked for me in the past with my mothers needs and having close contact with carers and social workers.
I don't have a FB account...no matter how hard you keep your privacy levels people find out who you are and where you are.
I don't have Twitter....and wouldn't know how to tweet.

I needed and still need to be reachable for both my mothers care home and now for my sister.

How do you tell your children that you are only available between certain hours.

I think these things are very easy to say off the cuff but very difficult to put into practice in the ....well not real world...,but my world anyway

Mbrown001

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 06:53:47 PM »

It has been my sons way of life for years. He started playing with computers when he was three. We just let him loose to do what he wanted. He was writing code age 8 . University for a Computing Science Honours Degree and now is a Soft Ware Engineer.

It's a different world now and this is the way things are. I'm not sorry we encouraged our son in playing with computers as if we hadn't then I'm sure his life would be a lot different.

It would be so difficult to disconnect from what is now the real world as it's how we communicate.

Think of the good things. The families that have face time with children and grandchildren who live abroad.
That to me is a really good thing.

cubagirl

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 09:16:18 PM »

Think of the good things. The families that have face time with children and grandchildren who live abroad.

Back in the day, we couldn't even phone our grandparents, they didn't own such a thing. We were lucky if we saw them once a year. One set we never saw as they lived too far away.

Nowadays we speak on phones & mobiles, use face time or Skype to keep in touch. I for one am thankful that we are having the opportunity to see our grandkids grow up. I'm certain if such things had been available, my doting grandparents would have loved to see us also. In 50 years time it'll have moved on again.  We learn to cope. Those who rush hither & thither have no choice, life moves at a very different pace.