Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: defribrillator  (Read 4085 times)

Taz2

Re: defribrillator
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 08:56:42 AM »

It's the same here now Trey - the responder doesn't have to give rescue breaths although the treatment is more successful if you do. Hands-on-only CPR is better than no CPR at all. This is the type of defibrillator which is available to the public over here http://www.londonambulance.nhs.uk/calling_999/emergency_heart_care/cardiac_arrest/how_to_use_a_defibrillator.aspx.

Taz x

CaroleM

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2017, 06:21:42 PM »

I have no idea if there is one in our nearest shopping centre.  However, it's just across the road from the fire station and they have at least one. When my FIL had a heart attack, the first ones on the scene were the firemen.  They saved his life.  MIL said she'd not had so many guys running up her stairs for many years!  Having done CPR for 40 minutes on a young motorbike rider who didn't make it, I can say that I have never worked so hard in all my life and that includes learning to walk again - twice.  Any nearby machine is welcome.  Can you ask somewhere to be taught how to use one?

dazned

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2017, 08:21:24 PM »

I have just done a first aid course including CPR and defibrillator use. The machine talks you through each step by step . ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2017, 09:58:21 PM »

The Fire Service are now first responders so that if the Police and/or Ambulance Services are busy they are sent out. 
Pages: 1 [2]