Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: defribrillator  (Read 4084 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
defribrillator
« on: July 08, 2017, 02:11:21 PM »

Do any of your villages have one of these?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 03:02:36 PM by CLKD »

coldethyl

Re: Debrilitaors
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 02:52:14 PM »

assume you mean defribrillator? Yes there is one on our village hall wall and several first responders in village trained to use them whilst waiting for paramedics. Most villages round here have one and I've seen them in villages in Scotland when on travels.

CLKD

Re: defribrillator
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 03:03:20 PM »

that's it!  The one in our village is out of the Main Street  :-\ and one has to phone 999 - so that is supposing that everyone carries a mobile phone ?  ???

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 03:04:02 PM »

we don't live in a village  :-\

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 03:38:12 PM »

Other halfs golf club has one and we noticed one at Isle of Wight port

coldethyl

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 03:44:02 PM »

They have them in shopping centres too and I'm sure there's one at my Asda now- I think the idea is that someone in their vicinity is trained to use them though having looked at one once there are instructions for use on front if memory serves. I imagine very few folk don't carry a mobile these days CKLD- we even forced my grandad at 93 to have one!

Mbrown001

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 03:56:04 PM »

Two in our nearest town...three miles away but none in the village we stay in.

nearly50

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 07:47:15 PM »

You can check here, though I thought there would be more in Glasgow as there isn't one anywhere near me. I suppose it is more important in places an ambulance can't get to you pretty sharpish.
http://www.heartsafe.org.uk/AED-Locations

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 09:10:21 PM »

The idea is to dial 999 and the code to open the box will be given then the machine gives instructions  :-\.  Apparently it won't give a shock if the heart rhythm doesn't require one.

Tnx nearly50

countrybumpkin

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 09:14:19 PM »

Its a bit of reassuring the public with these defibs in boxes in villages etc.  If someone who knows how to use one gets to a person in cardiac arrest in 4 mins then there is a  chance they can reset the heartbeat with the shock it delivers. This is at its best in public venues like shopping centres etc where there are trained people.

I have been involved with First Responders and the idea with them is that when the ambulance is more than 8 mins away from a cardiac arrest then a first responder with defib is sent and as soon as they arrive it is classed as the ambulance service has hit their target time. The first responders in my town have only revived one person who went into cardiac arrest after they had arrived which is when the defib is most succesful as it can be deployed immediately.

But having them is still better than not having them and if there is a heartstart session in your area then go along and learn how to use a defib as although the defibs talk to you when activated telling you what to do it saves alot of time if you know what to do first!

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 09:41:30 PM »

Interesting - it would have been nice if the person who put the thing up in our village had made arrangements to inform us that it was there in the 1st place  ::)

Mbrown001

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 09:55:40 PM »

It was reported in our local paper.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 10:01:19 PM »

What ours was ?  :-\  ;D

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 10:30:21 PM »

We've got two in our village. They are really straight forward to use although I'm sure it would be a bit more difficult in a challenging situation! You are talked through each step and, as CLKD says, if there is a heart beat then you are not able to deliver a shock.

Taz x

Salad

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 11:26:39 PM »

We've got one in the centre of our village  :)
Pages: [1] 2