Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Have to take antibiotics and terrified because of emetophobia!  (Read 9261 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Have to take antibiotics and terrified because of emetophobia!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 08:24:35 PM »

Maybe an anti-biotic spray or even honey ? on a wound.

jessieblue

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 12:25:51 PM »

Thank you all for comments and support.  I have noted all your comments and Im currently on day 4!  So have done really well with a range of discomfort in my belly.  But Im sticking with it and half way through.  I just hope they kick it completely and I dont end up with another UTI.  Am doing all the things to help pro biotics yoghurt d mannose water etc etc.  I can do no more.  Piles are playing up as im actually constipated rather than the other way!  So taking bran linseed coconut oil for that!  Sigh....thank to everyone who has supported me. xx

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 05:22:30 PM »

UTI is usually living in the back passage, so hygiene in the correct direction is important ;-).  Well done I know how hard it can be to add something to the mix which might cause anxiety - what will your treat B when the Course is completed?

jessieblue

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2017, 10:38:54 AM »

Hi again, well it seems my treat is to be thrush!  I felt uncomfortable down there today and when I looked I have a little redness in patches and a couple of cracks in the skin just at the bottom and on the outside.  Near the perinium actually!  Urgh, this has really spiked my anxiety.  I dont know why I cant cope with the normal things that women have to deal with but find it all so terrifying.  I have used some canesten cream on a tampon and I will have to treat with flucanazole again.  I has 3 tablets about 5 or 6 months ago after antibiotics caused thrush.  Is it safe to keep taking them?  Should I wait until I finish the course of antibiotics which will be thursday?  Otherwise presumably the thrush may come back.  I feel so panicky again, like my body is out of control and I will just develop another infection.....I feel like my immune system isnt working and worried that these antibiotics and flucanazole may harm my liver.  Really panicky today.  This snowball effect really scares me.  It took months to get my lady bits settled again after the last bout of problems.  I also have a painful behind.  I dont know if its piles or a tear, I had some constipation and straining which caused bleeding and pain.  Its been nearly 2 weeks and I cannot seem to get it to heal.  Bleeding has stopped but Im still sore down there and have used all the regular treatments including proctosedyl from the doctor.  I feel like Im out of control again and all the cancer fears are coming back.  This anxiety is brutal.

Maryjane

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2017, 10:49:52 AM »

Jessie belle 💐 Have you had cancer ?

A lot of ladies find the act-gel much more soothing and better for thrush than the zoles.

The amount of antibs and fumgals you have had is very small , think of AIDS patients , cystic fibrosis , TB etc etc who are on these drugs for years.

The liver is very resilient hence the amount of abuse it can take for years and years from alcohol.

Re sore butt etc I no that one , sudocream is good for lots good enough for a babies butt good enough for us.

Do you use local oestrogen?

Keep calm / breath / a walk ? Fresh air . 😊

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 11:02:44 AM »

It is thrush?   VA can mimic that too  ::)

jessieblue

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2017, 03:36:46 PM »

Hi Maryjane, no I havent had cancer but i do have a real cancer phobia.  My sister had cancer and so did my best friend  many years ago and I guess I have been sensitised to the possibility of small insignificant things turning out to be sinister.    I dont take local oestrogen as it caused thrush.  I got red and burning skin down there and was very painful.  I assume it was thrush as it took a fluconazole to clear it up and then i stopped using it and started to just use YES moisturiser.  I finally had comfy lady bits again and so have continued with that regime ever since.  Thank you for the pep talk, you are completely right of course.  I dont know why my mind just runs away with me over every little thing.  Its overwhelming.

CLKD I think it is thrush yes, because my VA has been really good for a long time and this has only happened on the antibiotics.  There are some splits in the skin which I didnt get before with VA.  I guess it might just be inflamed from that but I will have to take the fluc to see if it clears up.  I am also continueing with salt baths and coconut oil, |I use the YES daily and keep away from soaps and all that stuff.  No baths just showers and drink loads of water. 

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2017, 03:48:46 PM »

Stop the salt baths and coconut oil, you are putting too much on to your skin which may be drying.  Use [YES]/moisturiser down there often to keep it supple on the outer lips particularly where it is likely to itch. 

Thrush for me was intense itching high up in the vagina, so high I couldn't reach to scratch  :-\.  It was after I had stopped taking The Pill, my Gynae Registrar gave me treatment though I can't remember what it was  ::).  I didn't get it again until after emergency surgery ......

Some ladies get a creamy/smelly discharge.  VA for me was the feeling of razor blades up there  :o plus urine infection-type symptoms of needing to pee with soreness and urgency, fortunately my GP recognised the symptoms, prescribed VA treatment and so far so good  ;).  As long as I use the product regularly. 

One phobia is enough, I never worried about cancer - even after I had treatment I didn't look at the scar and think "Oh I've had cancer" though I am the type to mull  ::)

jessieblue

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2017, 04:49:27 PM »

Ok thank you I will stop the baths.  I was taking the baths for piles that wont heal but its not doing much anyway so I wont bother.  Im sorry to hear you had cancer.  That is incredible that you dont dwell on it.  I know what you mean about more than one phobia and I am pretty phobiad out!  I seem to have so many fear right now.  My mind jumps from one to another in seconds.  Thank you for supporting me.  You are an inspiration having been through so much and still being fairly well "together"  I am totally bewildered with my state of mind at the moment.  I hope some day I can follow you out the other side of this. xx

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2017, 10:19:26 PM »

All things will pass - apparently  ::) and tnx for your kind words.

Salt is drying - used in cooking as a means of enhancing flavour as well as for curing/preserving  ;)
Get treatment for your piles, have a chat with a Pharmacist  -  most have Private Rooms though you may need to book, when I go to Lloyds, our most local Chemist, they are pretty helpful.

As a phobic I worried about being faced with chemo and in fact Tamoxifen nearly killed me [long story short] so I stopped taking it.  I was more worried about anxiety attacks stopping me going for my daily radiation treatment  ::) - but adrenaline got me through.  I fancied pizza as a celebration  :D

Phobias are never logical!   :bighug:

jessieblue

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2017, 03:52:46 PM »

CLKD how did you manage the chemo with your emetophobia?  It must have really challenged you.  I know how poorly my sister would get after chemo and it scared me so much to see her.  I was only 15 and a vulnerable insecure child so it didnt take much to scare me but my sister was kind of my world.  It was a long time ago and I know chemo has come a million miles since then but I am just interested to hear how someone with emet copes with getting through it.  Of course, its one of my biggest fears because it ties the two phobias together, so like a superphobia!  :o

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2017, 03:57:07 PM »

I didn't need chemo per se but took Tamoxifen, supposedly an oestrogen suppressing drug but it made me really ill.  I had felt fine other than worry throughout diagnosis, surgery and treatment ....... radiation was a worry until after the 1st session ....... I took my own tape to listen too.

I always said that if chemo was offered that I would refuse due to the emitophobia. 

Mbrown001

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2017, 04:02:19 PM »

When push comes to shove you just dig deep and get on.

Most of us emetophobes have had a bug or two over the years and we cope.
I'm almost as bad with others being sick but it passes and I've never run away yet.

I would never say no to chemo and it can be so much better managed nowadays.
In the great scheme of things being sick would be the least of my worries.

Recently a few women on the forum have had to deal with cancer, operations and treatment.
I read their posts of the journey they were on and admired them so much.

Anyway....you don't have to worry about that......day at a time.  :)

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2017, 04:11:36 PM »

Half a day?  How many ABs left to take jessieblue?

jessieblue

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2017, 08:40:53 PM »

Thanks CLKD.  Im so glad you didnt have to have chemo.  I say the same, that I would refuse it.  Of course no one knows what they will do until it happens, I hope that some inner strength would make itself known to me. I know what you mean about just digging deep and getting on with it, we do, I have done, have had bugs and lived through it.  I just dont know that I would be able to take myself there for the treatment.  I remember when my sister was having treatment.  She was only 21 and had her whole life ahead.  I swear without her husband to be literally dragging her to treatment she probably would have quit.  It was tough back then and they treated her very very aggressively due to the type of cancer and her age.  It makes a big difference what support you have around you too I think.

1 tablet left to take!  I have griping stomach pains, insane bloating and nausea!  Im done with the tablets now.  I have to take flucanazole tomorrow and then hope the infection is gone!  My toe still looks dodgy to me......hmmmm.
Pages: 1 [2]