Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Extreme Itchiness!  (Read 1971 times)

jasmine5

Extreme Itchiness!
« on: July 08, 2017, 12:10:35 PM »

I started Tostran Gel a month ago and have been feeling great but for the last week where I've had extremely intense itching just inside my vagina!  At first I thought it was thrush so treated myself with a Canesten pessary, but the itching remains.  There is no discharge or anything unusual just the itchiness, it driving me insane!  I've read the possible side-effects but there's nothing about severe itching of the vagina. 

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Extreme Itchiness!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 12:12:54 PM »

Yep.  Read our Vaginal Atrophy threads.  As oestrogen levels drop the muscles may become lax = aches and pains, at the same time, the body may become dry - inside and out including nostrils, vagina, anus, skin ......... I have in the past applied LIVE yoghurt or KY Jelly or Vaseline into the vagina to keep the whole area moist which eases itching, my GP has since prescribed treatment for VA.

jasmine5

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 12:20:45 PM »

Things don't feel dry down below at all so I can't understand how it could be VA and besides I've been on Hrt for the past six years!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 12:23:08 PM »

Full HRT doesn't always cut it sadly.  Maybe dry VA treatment for 3 months to see if it eases symptoms, B4 bladder irritation begins.  For me it felt like razor blades up there  :o and treatment calmed it down.   

Maryjane

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 12:28:28 PM »

VA for some can be a watery discharge not just dry , and it can cause itchiness , so a CLKD said give local oestrogen a try .

T also goes to the vaginal area , as the vulva has androgen receptors so maybe out of balance for you ? and local is required also ?

Or try one of the gels available which has completely gone from my mind , if dancing girl sees this she will no , if not I will look for it.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 12:33:00 PM »

Yes WB, Yes VM, Sylk are possibilities. We all of us have our favourites, it's a case of try it and see. If you phone Yes they will send you samples to try, maybe Sylk too, can't remember.

Good luck x