Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hairstyles  (Read 9750 times)

cubagirl

Re: Hairstyles
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2017, 09:33:42 AM »

I remember, as a teenager, having hairstyle just long enough to put in small pony tail. My mother was furious saying I looked awful. Went on holiday with friend & her parents & I put it in pony tail. Would have been fine if her dad hadn't taken photo of me. Mum saw photo & boom off she went again. Mind you my SIL then suggested I go to decent stylist in Glasgow. So ended up with gorgeous one length bob, which my mum approved of. Long hair came after we married & moved north.

babyjane

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2017, 10:59:33 AM »

ditto everything sparkle just said x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2017, 11:01:32 AM »

When I had a perm I looked like Crystal Tipps and Alaisdair  ;D

cubagirl

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2017, 11:14:57 AM »

My daughter has always had short hair, apart from perm at around 12 when she grew it a bit, but she didn't like it.  Like me has fine hair, but has lots of it. Eldest granddaughter has such thick hair, she's had to have hers cut into short bob. She kept catching headlice off her friends.  :sick02: Her sister also has thick hair & never caught any little friends.  ;D So here's hoping I don't have to treat either of them when they come up in 3 weeks. DD says she hasn't any now. Poor GD has been subjected to "combing" on a regular basis.

Mbrown001

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2017, 12:48:40 PM »

My mother had my waist long hair cut when I was about 7.....and sold the hair  :o
I was shorn and looked like a little boy, I don't think I ever forgave her for that.
I had loads of perms for years. I remember getting one done that went a wee bit wrong....far too curly.
I came home and my son who was about a year old took one look at me and cried  ;D.
That was my last one.

I've gone from short to mid length lots of times but this is the longest I've had a bob.

I just hope I resist the urge to do the blue hair when I'm much much older.  ::)

CaroleM

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 02:52:28 PM »

I had to have my hair up and above my collar when I was in the Forces.  Off duty, it was loose.  Now, if I am going somewhere format I do put it up, particularly if needing to wear a hat or fascinator, helps to keep the headwear in place and looks smarter.  As soon as the informal part starts, then down it comes.  I did wear it up for my graduation.  I also use an organic colour.  Cannot use chemical versions, but the organic variety works well for me.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2017, 03:52:23 PM »

I rarely use a hair-drier.  When my hair was long I would dry it in front of the coal fire, kneeling down and flicking it up and over then a brush then turned around ......... now it's short I can rub a warmed towel over it, done!

nearly50

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 04:03:53 PM »

When I look at old photos I realise I have the same hair cut I had as a child,  shoulder length with a fringe  ;D

cubagirl

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2017, 04:11:09 PM »

Mine was cut by my mum as a child. Tried to chop my ear off once & she wondered why I screamed! Like a square bowl cut.  ;D

Cazikins

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2017, 04:35:50 PM »

Had mine done today.
3 hilights (blonde/honey/copper).
A slightly off centre parting.
Shoulder length bob.

Hopefully this will make me feel less like a menopausal woman when I go to my interview next week.  ::) ::)

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2017, 04:36:47 PM »

'Photos . ?  ;D. Good Luck for next week!

Cazikins

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2017, 04:39:19 PM »

Thanks - no photos CLKD, I'm too shy.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2017, 04:45:08 PM »

:lol:

CaroleM

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2017, 05:28:03 PM »

I use Daniel Field colours. No reaction so far. They are water based.

cubagirl

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2017, 06:14:40 PM »

Apart from a blue rinse MrsB  ;D, did you decide on a hairstyle?

My mum got a mink rinse once, OMG!
Pages: 1 [2] 3