Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Hairstyles  (Read 9748 times)

Mbrown001

Hairstyles
« on: July 07, 2017, 03:25:54 PM »

Anyone fed up with the style that they have.

I'm getting my hair cut in two weeks and I fancy something different but what.

I have grown out a shortish layered cut to a below the chin length bob.

It just sort of hangs there looking a bit bland and uninteresting.

How do you decide and any ideas welcome.

My daughter wants me to keep on growing into what she calls a lob...which is apparently a long bob  ::)

I'm not sure whether that would be a bit aging for me or not and again it would just sort of hang there.

Mrs Brown

nearly50

Re: Hairstyles
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 03:39:31 PM »

I've got a bob too which is shoulder length and think it looks better since I got a fringe. Also got a semi permanent colour now, which is a sort of plum colour I like. Loads of websites to give you ideas too.  :)

babyjane

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 05:01:21 PM »

I had a short cut at the start of the year because since my hair went thinner is never looked tidy and was terribly wispy and fly away.  It needed loads of product and clips and grips to keep in looking half way decent.

Now I just wash it, let it dry by itself and give it a light spray and off I go.  Had a lot of compliments on it too.  At first I thought it was a bit mannish but now I like it and I am not always fussing over it and washing it every other day. I am quite happy with the grey in it as I don't want the commitment of keeping up a colour.

Good luck whatever you decide  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 05:40:33 PM »

Go to a salon that sells wigs and try several on?  That's what I did in the 1980s B4 having my very long hair cut ....... and yes, I'm fed up with mine right now ........ I fancy a short crop over the top and long at the back?!?

cubagirl

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 05:43:06 PM »

Lots of ideas online. Think there's even one where you can add photo of your face, so you can "try on" styles.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 05:46:27 PM »

Oh that's sounds a great idea, where?

cubagirl

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 05:47:44 PM »

Now you're asking, don't think I have the websites any more. Try doing search.

cubagirl

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 05:51:16 PM »

Found it. The Hairstyler.com

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 05:56:40 PM »

:thankyou:

CaroleM

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 06:24:18 PM »

Mine is presently two-thirds of the way to my waist. Could sit on it in a plait when I was in the RAF, loads of pins but it stayed in place and above my collar. Thought and getting it cut but it would just be too stressful.😤

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 06:47:58 PM »

I had a good hack at my fringe a couple of days ago ...... did a good job although I say so myself  ;D

Mbrown001

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2017, 08:09:49 PM »

After cutting my daughters fringe really badly when she was little I decided I wasn't cut out to be a hairdresser  ::)

I just couldn't manage really long hair. Do you not get overly hot ClarleM

CaroleM

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2017, 09:06:46 PM »

Long hair is just natural to me. The RAF soon got us putting hair up very quickly and as per regulations! I worked in a section where I was the only girl. On nights there was always one bright spark who wanted to know just how long my hair was. Sitting down, it hit the floor. By 07.50 I had to have it back up. So I guess that putting my hair up keeps me cool. If my neck is hot I'm miserable, so off my neck is fine.

Stephen's never seen me with shorter hair and when I suggested getting it cut, he had 40 fits!

Most of my friends have had their hair cut and do ask me how I still manage it long.

cubagirl

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2017, 10:17:02 PM »

Men seem to like women with long hair. My hubby hated me going short, but he wasn't the one trying to keep it tidy. Only way I could wear my hair long was by getting it permed. Not poodle, but a really casual perm which was great until hairdresser vanished. Every hairdresser after that assumed poodle was way to go. I refused & gradually shortened hair to Bob, then short.

babyjane

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2017, 08:43:45 AM »

before I went short I had to use lots of product and grips and pins  so what's the point if you are always tying it up or clipping it back, no point in having it long  ::)
Pages: [1] 2 3