Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Emotional Wreck  (Read 1881 times)

pollok

Emotional Wreck
« on: July 05, 2017, 07:03:22 AM »

Dear All, first time posting.  Apart from everything else, I am so emotional and can't cope much longer with it.  I can't stop crying some mornings and just want to stay in.  Sat last night at a cocer T from first sad song seriously sobbing.  It been going on for few months now.  I have been on Kilovance for a few months and wondering if it is this ?

Any help appreciated.

dazned

Re: Emotional Wreck
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 08:59:34 AM »

Hi and  :welcomemm:

Sorry to hear that you are feeling this way,it's horrible isn't it !😠
At least you've found us so you won't feel alone anymore sometimes that's half the battle. Maybe you can tell us more about yourself,how old are you,what are your periods doing,is this your first hrt,what symptoms were you experiencing prior to hrt etc ?

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 04:33:36 PM »

Hi pollok

:welcomemm: from me too.

Sorry to hear about the sobbing - I sobbed during peri-menopause but not once my hormones had stabilised and I had gone through menopause ( while on HRT).

Kliovance is for women who are post-menopause ie had not had a natural period for 12 months before starting HRT. If you fit this category then it could be that the continuous (synthetic) progestogen in this HRT preparation (called norethisterone) disagrees with you and is causing these side effects. It is notorious in causing pms type symptoms in susceptible women - and as you are taking it all the time it could build up and cause ongoing problems.

As dazned says - if we know more about you we can help a bit better perhaps?

Hurdity x

jessieblue

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 04:44:33 PM »

So sorry to hear you are feeling like this.  I know your pain.  Its so hard when you feel so low.  I cant be of much help as in a similar place myself but wanted to say you are not alone and hope you feel better soon. xx

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 04:52:40 PM »

Hi pollok - I agree with Hurdity re the Kliovance as I also became very weepy and low while on it due to the norethisterone.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 05:13:17 PM »

Hello Pollock-  :bighug:

Tell us a bit more about you please?

I was very low and weepy and feeling pretty desperate on the Kliovance. You might want to go back to your docs and consider switching regimes- one without norethisterone.
Have a look at the HRT preps on the site x

pollok

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 09:23:00 PM »

Thank you to all.  I went on hurt for first time 12 months ago. Premique, settled right away , no more sweats and felt much brighter.   Six month on, it discontinued. So, this is the second one been on.  So weird to feel so emotional.   I knew probably the tablet, back at dr in couple weeks, thanks to all.  Oh, 54, fit and healthy, just hormonal   😳

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 10:57:14 AM »

:bighug: