Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Help Prescription Advce  (Read 2197 times)

Yorkshire Girl

Help Prescription Advce
« on: July 06, 2017, 03:23:16 PM »

Afternoon ladies, I have a bit of an issue & I wonder with all the experience on here someone will be able to help. Went to my GP yesterday for my 3 month review, she gave me a script for 50mg Everol patches, handed it in & waited unfortunately I knew what was coming they had none in stock! Told they should be available either that afternoon, hubby popped in on way home from work, surprise still not arrived.  Today popped in on way past still no sign, the lady at surgery said you could take it to a chemst but nearest is a 20 mile round trip. So will check again tomorrow. If I don't receive them tomorrow, will have to wait till Saturday to take prescription into my nearest town ringing first to check they have right one's in stock. Patch is due to be changed today, is it going to cause a problem not receiving HRT for a day or two? I presume it will be ok but I'm stressing & want to check. Then have to get used to changing on a different day - I could scream right now!! Thanks for reading my rant x

cubagirl

Re: Help Prescription Advce
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 03:42:22 PM »

I've accidentally not changed patch at correct time & been ok. Once you get them again I'm sure you'll be fine. Hope you get them.

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 03:59:23 PM »

I know we're all different but there were stock issues on estradot when I was on them and I had to go a few days without, I didn't notice

A couple of years ago I went to Spain for 11 nights and forgot to pack my hrt and again I didn't notice

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 05:40:27 PM »

Thank you cubagirl & Anne. Hopefully they'll be at surgery tomorrow

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 06:58:45 PM »

My local chemist seems to have problems sources patches regardless of make. It's a problem with their suppliers. I've given up on them and have to go to boots, where I have no problem, which is a 10 mile round trip, or Sainsbury's when I go shopping ( 22 mile round trip). I have learnt to be prepared after being in your position and I request my prescription when I have 2 weeks left. I too have forgotten to change my patch, with no problem.

wombat62

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 10:31:22 PM »

Hi there

Because of the patch shortage I'm eaking mine out to one a week at the moment. It would be easier to get hold of hard core drugs than patches at the moment lol... Managed to get hold of another box last week, the last one in stock, phew!

They said that supply was going to be back to normal at the end of June but here in Oz checking the Gov supply list it's now pushed back to Oct  :'( I spend my life going into chemists only to be told there's a supply issue, I know there's a "lots of swear words" supply issue!!!

Anyway, I seem to be managing on one a week ok at the moment so I'm sure you'll be fine. I had to come off it urgently once and it was around 3 weeks before the dreaded flushes started again.

Just try and get hold of some well before you run out!

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 03:30:49 PM »

Thanks all, it does seem to be a problem one of my old friends who's husband is a pharmacist says lots of things are unavailable from manufacturers! At least I got them Friday afternoon, but only half of prescription. Since I've started taking hrt the surgery have never had any stock of patches in, which I find odd. Have learnt my lesson, will always put script and/or doctors appointment for review two weeks before hand.

dahliagirl

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 03:41:18 PM »

Last time I did that, I could not get a review appointment for 3 weeks, then the chemist could not give me the prescription until the next day.........

So now I book the appointment for the review 1 month before it is due and get the repeat prescription done online as soon as it is allowed.

They wonder why people stock medicines  ::)  (although to be fair you hear of people with way more than a packet in hand............)