Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Urinary/kidney infection question  (Read 6846 times)

DaisyB

Re: Urinary/kidney infection question
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2017, 09:55:15 PM »

Mrs B - two things that are great when you are recovering and have poor appetite 1. Slippery elm ( can get it in holland and barratt) make it with warm milk like Horlicks 2. Homemade bone broth x may help her recover the appetite bit quicker but will also help with vital nutrients and vitamins otherwise lost. ;)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:59:42 PM by DaisyB »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2017, 12:18:34 PM »

AAAHHHH Chicken soup!  We need some Jewish recipes on here.  Apparently it's a staple?

DaisyB

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 12:38:00 PM »

You've put me in the mood CKLD for chicken soup and it's just the weather for it as well ::)

I do mine with organic whole chicken in slow cooker for the broth..... dash of ACV to bring out the nutrients in the bones  ;)  and some good veg celery carrot onion etc 24 hrs and you're done. Best thing for recovering from illness.

Chicken soup recipes welcome :)

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 03:13:20 PM »

You should put your chicken soup recipe on the Recipe thread DaisyB if you haven't already.

Taz x  :)

DaisyB

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2017, 05:23:49 PM »

Will do Taz x it's for bone broth though -  :-\  not to everyone's liking lol but a great stable for seeing us through the winter months
Bone broth has come back into fashion - but it's not new to those of us who can still remember grannies making it.

My gran made a pot every weekend- the chicken was boiled all day then removed along with any bits that escaped. Then she added leek, carrot, parsnip flat leaf parsley barley and dried peas  ::)  nothing like it !!! Sometimes chicken was served with boiled potatoes rolled in butter and salt on the side 😋

cubagirl

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2017, 05:25:53 PM »

My mum used to make broth that way. I've never made it.

Taz2

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2017, 10:44:43 AM »

Will do Taz x it's for bone broth though -  :-\  not to everyone's liking lol but a great stable for seeing us through the winter months
Bone broth has come back into fashion - but it's not new to those of us who can still remember grannies making it

I do this too - we call it Chicken Soupy Stew! I didn't realise it had gone out of fashion!  ;D

Taz x

Justjules

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2017, 05:52:40 PM »

I'm suffering from awful low backache and pain in buttocks and down legs. Keep getting a clammy sweat and have had the runs first thing in the morning for a few days....urine infection do you think? Urine looks a bit cloudy but not burning or frequent. Bit stressed as dog has just had pups and I'm knackered and so could be IBS too..... :(

Justjules

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2017, 09:34:01 AM »

Ha ha Sparkle I know but you know me, prefer to fret about the 'what ifs" and see if anyone on here says "oh yes, I have had that etc" !!!  ;D

Justjules

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2017, 01:27:39 PM »

Thanks Breeze. I will make an app tomorrow. Having my highlights done later and the way my mind works, had to make sure they were done in case I ended up in hospital!  ::) ;D

Justjules

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 01:45:30 PM »

Twins  ;D

Nothing worse than hospital hair at the best of times  ;) x
Pages: 1 [2]